Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Great taste!


Greetings from CBC and housemate's dinner-party afternoon!

Isn't he clever! He made all this! Most of it came from the Morro cookbook.
Leftovers have formed my packed lunch for 4 days!


Seared tuna with pistachios
Pinenut and pumpkin gallettes
French beans and mangetout with orange and nut dressing.
Papaya salsa! Lovely!
There was a feta salad from a guest!
Endives and serrano ham in a gorgeous creamy sauce.
Homous and olives
Fennel with dill- I hate fennel usually but this was dreamy!
A garlicky auberginey salad with pomegranate on top!
Roasted butternut squash and spinach
Butterbean, pepper, coriander and rocket salad.
Local made rustic tomato bread.
Foccacia
Lamb, pinenuts, herbs and potato cakes! And other ingredients!  Fragrant, amazing!
Desserts were lovely too!
Here I am clad in my lovely birthday presssie from CBC a cute little French dress from Windup bird at Spitalfields. It bears the hallmark of classic Kezzie favourites- nautical/naval/sailor theme and the more unusual addition of a mustard bow! He chose well! Worn with Red-or-dead Lovebird shoes, Primark black butterfly tights, red beret (handmade by Mummy) and navy Primark cardie. Red beads? Twas the perfect Spring outfit!

And I wore it with his other birthday present to me: A beautiful rich blue cape with detachable scarf!  I loved it! It was perfect for his sunny afternoon party!

(There was to be a barbecue as well but the Weber barbecue bricks refused to do anything!!!)

Which dish do you fancy?!

Post scoff. The face says, "Get looooooorst, I want to go and eat more food when you aren't looking!" Strangely enough, everyone else was really stuffed afterwards but evidently, I paced myself because I kept going back for more!

11 comments:

  1. Im hungry just looking at all that food and I love your outfit so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you both veggies? I see no meat. If CBC produced it all himself then that's very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowe all this food looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! This all looks amazing! And I lovvve your blue cape!
    -Meagan
    www.brassinpocketblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very adorable looks Kezzie! Red, blue and stripes are so parisian chic. I like the red beret...so girlishly cute. Oh i just noticed the mary janes...I like that ~ and it's red! Wow...your friend is a clever cook...great spread, some of the dishes look really interesting. am going to copy some of these party dishes.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. woooooowwwwwwww hungryyyyyyy!I like this post!!! cam to visit my blog and if you like we can follow each other? Keep in touch with fashion (also on facebook !) my Facebook page have a wonderful day… keep in touch…

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww you look lovely Kezzie and that food looks amazing. Glad you had a good day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have all the meat and fish-free options, please! What a delectable spread and how fab do you look, too? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. uh, yum! such delicious-ness!!! and loving the stripes and those cute bright shoes!!!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello! this totally wins for cutest post of my nighttime reading! please tell CBC that i need recipes for: Seared 'Tuna with pistachios' & 'Pinenut and Pumpkin Gallettes.' oh, please! my email address is nicoleandgwendolyn@gmail.com. if it's not too much trouble? :) AND if it's not too much trouble, please post me your cute red shoes and french sailor girl dress. i seriously need to hang out with you in real life because it would be such a breath of fresh air fun! :D

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)