Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The last analogue rebel, her broom and her toy camera

 I swept my driveway with my Mum's witch's-style broom this evening!  I gained many strange-looks!  It's brilliant as it doesnt' get caked-up with debris like normal brooms, it's sturdy and it means business!  I thought of posing with it in these shots but somehow forgot!!! My drive was shockingly full of rubbish- wretched foxes,loathsome litter-louts and wind!!!
 I thought I'd play with the fun modes on my new camera.  This mode is called 'Toy camera'- it darkens the edges of the photos, which I feel gives it that retro look.  I couldn't fathom why on earth it was taking such wonky shots like above (there were several!) and then realised I'd pressed the zoom!!!  Gives me a chance to shower some love on my brogues!
 My sister and Dad were talking to me about changing my TV to digital or getting a box.  Yep, I'm one of the last analogue rebels! I resent being made to change to digital, I like my easy to use TV with the ability to just press the channel number and only have to press up through 5.  I like the grainy quality of it!!!  My sister kep on saying, "But you'll have to get one."  Yes, I guess I will, but I'd like to hold out for a little while (even though the license fee-hmmmm, maybe she's got a point!).  I feel like the TV equivalent of Highlander! "Yee kannee meke me change oover tae digital!"  Channelling my inner Sean Connery!!!

I didn't say anything on my blog but my sister had a bit of a scare with a lump in her breast and had to see the consultant today. I got my prayer-warriors on the case last week when she told me and thank God, it turned out to be nothing menacing.   As my colleague said to me today, "How would I cope without being able to pray?"  Indeed.   Thank God for false-alarms and wonderful sisters.. If you are in the habit of praying, please could you pray for her job situation now. She's having a rough time of it there and I pray that they will be sympathetic to her needs as a mother.

Hugs to you all!

xx

6 comments:

  1. I don't pray but do have everything crossed for your sister x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so relieved for your sister, what a horrible thing to have to worry about.
    Love your hat and sniggering at you and your telly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im kind of the same as you with digital tv as I refuse to get a mobile phone. I dont see the need in it and survive quite easily with out it and nobody and I mean nobody understands that. They all think that I am a freak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very glad your sister is in fine health!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that it was a scare for your sister, thank God. Yes I will say a prayer for her. I like that neutral outfit on you, The colors are really flattering. The tights are the perfect color for this outfit. I actually like your "accidentlally zoomed" photo ...haha...because I can see your shoes better and they are so charming and I am still loving your floppy hat. Cute!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)