How are you doing? Well I hope. I am fine. How are you getting on with any challenges in your life?
I am "enjoying" my Lent/100 days challenge not to buy any clothing items/frivolous items for myself- no really! I am thankful for it. Even though my headteacher came into school today wearing the Dotty Perks bird-print 50's dress that I saw on Char's blog and instantly wanted! Danielle (A blog from Blackpool), who initially issued the challenge, spurred me on today with her idea about looking at a list and writing down things you wanted to buy and seeing if you still want them 3 weeks later. I really needed to take on this particular challenge- I am ALWAYS buying something- every week, and it was adding up, not good for me on a whole host of levels. I needed to stop being so materialistic, Absotively, posolutely! Anyway, there are an abundance of things I feel thankful for this week:
1. For the coming of Spring. My favourite season. Everything is so POSITIVE. The anticipation, the new life, the surprises, the colours, the increasing light, the changes. Being surprised by joy each day at some new remembrance of Spring!
2. For the way sometimes things just WORK! I spend a lot of time in teaching, lacking confidence, always feeling I'm not good enough, wondering why I do it! Then, a lesson just goes so well, the majority of the children respond well and you know that what you did was good and right and fitting/
3. Relating to the above: when someone shares something positive about you. The TA who was present in a music lesson yesterday said to me at the end of the day, "That was a lovely lesson, I really enjoyed it! I'm going to go home and try and practice!". It made me feel all warm and appreciated! It really is all I need. Reassurance that something I do is worthwhile and valued!
4. Similarly, when children say to me, they're happy when I'm looking after their class. I always think it's a class of "We love whoever is in front of us at the time" but still it's nice they said it!
5. PPA! (Preparation, planning and assessment time) Thank God they introduced PPA some years ago! How on earth we would do all the work is otherwise unimaginable! I didn't get any 2 weeks ago, last week I only got half of it due to Artsmark meeting and next week I have none due to the concert at the Royal Albert Hall. I am sooooo grateful I have it tomorrow!
6. Escapism in the form of a good book! I can forget about those 30 Maths investigation books that need to be marked for a little while!
7. The Lent course we are doing at church, called Freedom in Christ. I'm really tired and finding it hard to say much as part of it (I'm usually very talkative!), but it's so positive, clear, easy to understand and positive! Much needed.
8. I'm as always, thankful for my family. Though I am shockingly bad at phoning, they are always there, loving me and supporting me!
9. Cycling and sunshine. Despite not feeling great at the start of Sunday, having a 22 mile cycle in the aftenoon really blew the cobwebs out, gave me a dose of much-needed exercise and vitamin D and a sense of achievement!
10. The impending holiday. 12 more wakeups till freedom! (though as part of this, I am so grateful to have a job since I know some people would love to have one and others are losing theirs and that is a worrying time. I am, however, grateful for the holiday that accompanies the job!)
Come on then- put on your flower garlands, wreaths and flowing dresses and join me in saying what you are thankful for! Tell me!!!
Im tnhankful for my week off work, my family and friends and for the amazing adventure I have planned on Saturday morning if it's not raining.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post Kezzie,
ReplyDeleteI'm thankful for my amazing network of family and friends.
xx
Well done on the no buying! I don't buy a whole lot so that's not usually a problem, although I do keep spending on kindle books - so easy to do, I read one in a series, and immediately want the next and it's delivered instantly. Very dangerous for the bank balance!
ReplyDeleteI've still not had any alcohol or chocolate, but I am now desperate for Easter so I can indulge in both!
Am thankful for my great husband at the moment x
***To those I follow and who follow me - is my blog appearing on your dashboard? Blogger appears to be losing some blogs I follow!**
I like this post so much!!! You're really a great persn!
ReplyDeleteTake a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???
Enter the Romwe giveaway on my blog!