Happy Mother's day to all you mothers! (Is it Mother's as in one mother's day or Mothers' day, as in the day that belongs to all mothers. Hmmmm...)
Here's my first Make a month for Annie the Felt Fairy's challenge. Really not my best! It includes some recycling- the pink criss-cross card is from some packaging!I nipped over with CBC to take my Mummy her card and some pressies (Bath selection pack, Cath Kidston robin pin-badge, Green and Blacks mini bars) but I was really sad not to have been able to take her a posy of flowers which I have done every year for the last 8 years. At church, a talented yet humble team of ladies decorate the church with the most exquisite of flower displays and then make a myriad of posies for daughters to take and give to their mums. Somehow, because I was playing the piano today (Les Dawson extraordinaire- sooooo many dodgy wrong notes!!!), I didn't go up to get one and saw that there were one or two left but after the service they'd all gone!!! I also wanted to take photos to show you how amazing they are but I forgot my camera!
My Mum is fab and it was lovely to see her!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's always done so much for me, sacrificially.
Here she is as a glam teenager (???) dressing up for Amateur dramatics as usual! What a beauty!!!!!!!!
What I did this afternoon:
My other makes of the day (month) are very basic but since I made them and they took a significant length of time, they shall be recorded here for posterity! 28 leaf head-dresses for my school choir!We're going to sing at the Royal Albert Hall on Thursday and one of the many props we were asked to provide were head-dresses!
They look rubbish up close as you may have secretly thought as you read this (I agree!) but I'm hopeful they'll look effective from a distance!
I'm not actually turning them into circlets until I can actually staple them to a child's headsize! I'll do that on the day otherwise they'll be mashed by then!
However, here's a taster (oooooooh dear!!!!) Dan naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go on, mock me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have such a big smile on your last picture.. and I love the blue earring!
ReplyDeleteFollow my blog at
www.arikayasmine.blogspot.com
Your cards are always so good and I love that photo of your Mum.
ReplyDeletehey dear great pics love ur smile all these pieces … chk ma blog if u like mine too my b v can follow each other
ReplyDeletehttp://lets-doll-up.blogspot.com/
A giveaway on ma blog too
Your mom was (and still probably is) so ridiculously beautiful! I adore everything about her in the picture ♥
ReplyDeletethanks for your visit. !
ReplyDeleteIn Italy mothe's day will be the first Sunday in May
ciao ave
following each other ? please let me know
i feel like a bit of a cheat as I bought a card (and prezzies) for my mum but at least I did something 9unlike my brother). Brownie points.
ReplyDeleteyou are so cute kezzie... how many times have I said this on your blog. Your paper head band is so adorable. ..I wonder if my kids are going to give me anything..haha. Such a lovely card Kezzie. I see so much love and effort put into it. We celebrate mother's day on the second sunday of may. Your mom looks beautiful. I missed my mom, I wish she is still around, we share so many interests like sewing and crafting.
ReplyDeletemongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com
Awww, I hope that you had a wonderful time celebrating Mother's Day. You are just so creative making a card. We did that for Valentine's Day! (Plus, it saved money.)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88
Love that photo of your Mum, isn't her dress fabulous! xxx
ReplyDeleteDear Kezziekins, Thank you so much for your presents and the lovely card. The tight spiral disc under the flower must have taken a lot of time and patience. The photo has been posted on Facebook. The Green & Blacks went down a treat.
ReplyDeleteMamgu took that photo of me when I was 18. I think it was for Annie get your Gun. I've still got the hairpiece somewhere that was set in ringlets.
I've finally come up with an idea for a make for Clo's birthday. I'm making a bag in cotton crochet so as soon as it's finished, I'll email a photo to you. Mwah. X
I always wonder the same about mothers' day and am inclined to how I've written it - although the card industry does not seem to agree with me. Your mum is indeed very glam. And Welsh?
ReplyDeletePoor you having to make so much stuff for school - I have two Easter hats/bonnets to supervise, that's enough for me!