Another of my weekends was spent with food and dressing up! A friend of CBC's had a black-tie dinner party! He had one last year which was great fun!
I was so pleased that I finally got to wear this dress! I bought it in the Debenhams sale (John Rocha) 3 years ago thinking it was a great outfit for going to a wedding and of course, since then, I haven't been invited to a single one!!!!!!!!
Thus, I wore it for this! I love the black underskirt! (worn with Peacocks shoes, Whitby jet bow necklace (Mummy), Black Pearl Lowe cardigan, Accessorize rose and Coast frilly handbag!)
I spent the afternoon finding CBC a new dress shirt and bow tie! Alas, why didn't we get a photo together!
The evening started with cocktails (I had one). There were crudities and dips, crisps and olives to snack on.
Then we had a cheese fondue with chicken dippers.
The starter was pate with bread, bruschetta, salad, battered prawns and sweet chilli (alas, no photos!) I was already full after it!
The main course was homemade chicken, leek and bacon pies, peas (mushy ones also) and potato wedges in a newspaper cone!
I already felt like I never wanted to eat another thing again when the trio of desserts arrived!
Cheese-cake, chocolate brownie and enormous ramekin of chocolate goo which was never-ending!
It really was like Come-dine-with-me, a great excuse to dress up, eat nice food and have fun! If only I could get my house tidy, I'd definitely host one!
Not looking squiffy, just bushy-haired, honestly! I had the one cocktail to show willing and no more! CBC says I must learn to drive since I don't really drink anything! A good idea but I think I'd be a menace on the road!
What type of things do you do to socialise with friends?





Sounds like you had a fab time. Its a very beautiful dress Kezzie and it looks great on you. I am jus like you when it comes to buying dresses for weddings i haven't been invited to.
ReplyDeletegorgeous! the both of you! i once met an englishman on match.com. he flew from england, and we met in new york, taking a seven day cruise after the grand meeting. each evening, he dressed with a bow tie. swoon! :) and you look like charlotte from sex & the city.
ReplyDeleteYou look so lovely <3
ReplyDeleteSounds like a awesome night and that dress is perfect for the occasion.
ReplyDeleteGet the house tidy and invite Eddie and me over. The outfit looks gorgeous. A lovely flattering photo. x
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteI have mentioned you in my latest post hunni, do check it out :)
zoeliannex.blogspot.com
x
You both look fabulous! that dress is so pretty on you! That chip-shop style presentation is fab, too. x
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! I love your outfit.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your sweet comment!! You don't have the followers button on your blog, so I'm trying to follow you via navbar, please tell me if it works!
ReplyDeleteCome back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!
Cosa mi metto???
Three lucky person will win a pair of sunnies of therir choise, enter the contest!!!