Saturday, March 17, 2012

Emerald isle

 Happy St Patrick's day to thee of the Blarney stone!


 I have an orchestra concert tonight and it's quite a sweet touch that we all have to wear a touch of emerald green with our usual "all black" outfit.  I'm planning on wearing my Christmas ribbon round my waist from Christmas presents!
 I thought I'd make a nod to Ireland with this outfit also.
Emerald green top and leggings (Primark) with emerald lego earrings (craft-fair?) and greeny albalone M&S necklace! With just a touch of navy blue to tone it down!
Have you ever seen Amadeus, the film?  Excitingly tonight, we are playing La Grotta di Trofonio by Antonio Salieri (1750-1825).  If you've seen it, he's the man who lots of rumours circulated regarding the possibility of his having contributed to Mozart's early demise! They were supposedly rivals! Not true about the murder bit, but it's such a nice surprise to play some music by him and see the comparison!  Lots of the orchestra think it's rather trite but I love it!  Mind you, give me a pretty flute solo and I'm anybody's!

Hope you are off to have an exciting weekend!  Last night, CBC and I went to a localish restaurant called The Apollonia, a Greek restaurant. We didn't intend to go there, we just parked nearby as there are lots of restaurants to choose from, and went to have a snoop! It was hilarious as they had entertainment in the form of very Greek-looking singer, DJ and pianist who had the most Essex accent you could imagine, Tom Jones impersonator, a hilarious Greek dancer who got everyone (except us!) doing that mediterranean circle dance whilst wearing a tower of glass tumblers and a bottle on top of his head! We had the mezze which was delicious, a massive selection of dishes, homous, tahini, taramasalata, beetroot salad, crab salad, Greek salad, Haloumi, gammon slices, sea bream, garlic mushrooms (AHRGH!), mussels (sadly I'm allergic!), chargrilled meats and loads more!  It was very friendly, great value and there was sadly stacks left over!  I always feel so guilty leaving any food but I wanted to be able to sleep! 
Frantically made a Mother's day card today as have been meaning to do it all week but work seemed relentless! Will show tomorrow or as soon as I've managed to get it to my Mum!!!

Have a lovely day!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely comment! It's so cool that you got to be Maria. My best friend is Maria in our show, so it's exciting that we finally get to act together!
    Happy St. Patty's Day - I love the green and the skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of all the amazing food is making my stomach growl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love blue and green together! this is such a lovely outfit and i really like that skirt!

    http://www.spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy St. Patrick's Day from your fashionista friends nicole and gwendolyn in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the United States of America! We are off to celebrate in 'our own way' with my sister in a few hours! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've had a brilliant weekend and I love the mixture of green with the navy blue. Happy St Patrick's Day! I love the bit about Mozart too, really interesting. I hope it goes well tonight. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so cute! I love those green leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun at your concert, you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so sweet in your outfit! love those footless tights.
    I loved Amadeus, it's been years since I saw it. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my dear! What a gorgeous outfit, so appropriate for this weekend! Thanks for a great review on the Appollonia too, only round the corner from me and not yet visited! Hope you're well and great to hear from you and enjoy the rest of your weekend too xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)