Sunday, May 25, 2025

VE day outfits

On VE day, we were invited to come to school dressed in either 1940's inspired outfits or the coluors of the Union flag.

I decided to go with the latter option


I started with the white blouse. It is one I charity shopped a year ago or so. I really like it but I don't know where it originally came from.
Next, I added the red skirt which is my Romana cosplay one- it was second hand.
Next was the blue Monsoon cardigan which I've had for a long time and my Clarks Funny Dream shoes from Vinted.
Add my red beret (Primark charity shopped) and this Collectif nautical necklace (which I ended up lending to our Assistant Head as she was wearing nautical trousers with star fish and lobsters on in these colours!) .
I loved the combo.
At playtime, I was on duty and ended up chatting to M, a lovely, quirky, individual.  I looked at her outfit and admired it.  I then looked at it again and said, "Actually, I HAVE this outfit at home! I could totally come to school tomorrow wearing this outfit!"
And so the next day, I came to school dressed in the outfit (the outfit above!).  I walked past her classroom on my way to the Staff room and the door was open. I hissed her name as her teacher did the register. She looked at me quizzically and I pointed at my outfit.  She looked puzzled at first and suddenly sheer delight and incredulity spread over her face. I waved and carried on with my journey.
At playtime later, I saw her and said, "What do you think!".  She was so sweet and said, "I AM HONOURED!!!"  Haha, it was funny to do this and I think it made her smile!

On the actual VE day, we had an all school, outdoor assembly with poetry reading and sang 3 songs I'd taught.  Of course, despite all my best laid plans, technology failed us and the boombox stalled on the backing tracks I had prepared.  Ah well, we persevered without them!

Hope all is well with you!
x




6 comments:

  1. Your red, white and blue outfit looks amazing, That skirt is gorgeous, I really lie you in red,
    How lovely of you to recreate that lady's outfit, I bet she was so touched by the gesture! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, she wasn't a lady, she was a year 6 girl, aged 11!!

      Delete
  2. I have a Breton shirt and denim pinafore identical to my friend from church. As yet we have never appeared in matching outfits on a Sunday morning, but one of these days it's bound to happen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one gorgeous outfit, Kezzie, and I'm sure you made that girl's day by wearing her outfit. What a lovely thing to do! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your patriotic outfit! It would work well here, too. We have several "red, white & blue" occasions coming up.... Flag Day (June 14) and Independence Day (July 4). And tomorrow is Memorial Day here, so I'll wear an Old Navy flag tee. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these outfits. The one in blue, red and white tones you wore for VE day and the one inspired by a colleague.
    It is good you were able to make do without the technology.
    Sometimes technology fails us, and we have to make the most out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)