Thursday, May 15, 2025

TARDIS Thursday- Peri from the Mysterious Planet

I thought I'd make a return to TARDIS Tuesday this week but I didn't have time to post what with OFSTED unexpectedly turning up! So it's coming on a Thursday instead!

I was observed by the lead inspector this morning with my year 4's.  Of course, he had to come in at the moment they were all fetching instruments. I apologised and said, "Sorry, it's chaos in here as we get instruments!".  He stayed for about 10 minutes and I hope he saw some good things or what he wanted to see. I think it was fine, just wish he'd stayed for the creative stage, not just the recap! Still, I did show some extension of the highers and offered feedback to one of the kids so hopefully, he saw progress.

On to TARDIS Tuesday/Thursday.   

Last worn in May 2022 on here, it's an outfit I love but don't wear very often which is a shame as I really like it.  Let's look at it:

IMage borrowed from Darren Mooney on Twitter
https://twitter.com/darren_mooney/status/1185955427026165760



Image borrowed from:
https://them0vieblog.com/2013/06/25/doctor-who-the-trial-of-a-time-lord-the-mysterious-planet-review/



IMage borrowed from Darren Mooney on Twitter
https://twitter.com/darren_mooney/status/1185955427026165760


Worn by 6th (and 5th) doctor companion, Peri Brown, it is a departure from her usual combo of short bottoms, tight top.
Here's my 2025 iteration:



The entire outfit was second hand when bought.
The straw boater was one from my grandparents' house.  I do like these Next tailored trousers which I've had a very long time from C.S  The blazer, originally Miss Selfridge was charity shopped and my comfy Rieker shoes were also.
The top is the same vintage blouse I wore last time. I decided to try wearing it inside out so it didn't have its lace strips down the front and tucked the collar in which I think worked fairly well!
As I don't have a cane, I used my 7th Doctor umbrella to recreate the photo!

Hope that you are well.

xx

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Ofsted went well!
    That's a brilliant outfit, you look even better than the original! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the inspection went well! I thought they had to give warning though? Seems a bit sneaky to me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look quite sharp in that outfit! I agree... you look better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant outfit, Kezzie! That striped blazer is just gorgeous! xxx P.S. I'm glad to read OFSTED went well, but what a shame the inspector caught your class at the "wrong" moment :-( xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)