My work colleague, S, gave me this t-shirt for Christmas. It says 3 days later with a picture of a Cave with a stone rolled away from it, representing Jesus rising again. She said, apparently, the t-shirt also has a Sponge Bob Square Pants reference though I don't really know why! I wore this on the last day of the Easter Holidays when we were working from home. Worn with my Zara embroidered joggers, my croc pointed shoes and an Indian Sari headband.
A couple of nice things this week so far:
a) one of my year 6 girls came rushing to find me on Tuesday to tell me that on Sunday, she had been to an audition and open day for our borough youth choir and she had got in and was going to join that choir in September. She had heard them at our Royal Albert Hall concert and I had shared details of the open day with the children and she had wanted to go along. She's turned into such a great musician this past year and I am proud of her.
b) a friend came to me with a problem on Tuesday morning and I managed to help get a solution for it by approaching and talking to people about it. So grateful it worked out.
c) a girl in Year 6 has, for some reason, been blanked and abandoned by her friend. She came to me yesterday and has sought me several times today to talk about it. Her teacher heard the tail end of a conversation and she asked her about it but she only wanted to talk to me about it. I'm touched that she trusted me enough to talk about it. I wish I could do something to help!
d) Another girl came to visit me at lunchtime and asked if I needed help. When I said I didn't need any, she hovered and I asked her if everything was ok. She said no and asked if she could talk about it. She told me about her Dad having lost his job and still not having found a new job and she said she was super worried and her parents were worried about money and she was worried about her siblings moaning about not having varied dinners. She said she just wanted to talk to someone about it (I articulated it for her that she needed to get it out her head) and she trusted me to talk about it. Again, I was touched to me trusted.
e) After school, a child asked me if he could ask me a personal question. It turned out he wondered if I had contact details for a girl who had left our school a month ago (and was in choir with him), I realised that they were really fond of each other when they were in choir. He was too embarrassed to ask anyone else about it but he said he missed her and wanted to stay in touch. Again, I was touched he asked me. I wasn't able to help, as I didn't have contact anymore (and obviously GDPR...)
f) Enjoyed my second lesson of Vltava with the Year 5's.
g) Had a nice catch up with my Head teacher and Assistant Head. We haven't had time to chat for ages. Our current head of school and I shared a class for 2 years.
xx
Adorable outfit!
ReplyDeleteHow lovely that you could be in the right places to talk to people and help them. 🧡
ReplyDeleteLovely that your students trust you so much that they can open up to you. My granddaughter has just sat her Higher music exam this week and thinks she did ok on both practical (piano) and theory. Love your Zara joggers.
ReplyDeleteThat's the other half of being a good teacher....
ReplyDeleteThe fact that your students and friends turn to you in their hour of need proves just how lovely you are, my friend! xxx
ReplyDeleteI think it's wonderful that the kids love and trust you so much!
ReplyDeleteYour outfit is so cute and I really love the joggers. What kind of fabric are they?
It's a sort of velvet!! I'll look at the label and come back to you!
DeleteWhat a blessing you are Kezzie to those youngsters in your care. What is it about Year 6 girls or even teenage girls for that matter? Heck women can be nasty to one another online regardless of the age! Hope you have a lovely weekend xx
ReplyDelete