I can scarcely believe that today marks 20 years since I started blogging.
Here was my first post.
So much has changed since I started blogging in both the blogging world and my life.
Back then:
in the 00's
I worked in admin at the Royal Academy of Music
I lived with my Mum.
I was single and had broken up with my ex-boyfriend a year or so before.
Blogging was simple. I had a small group of blog-friends who were mainly Christians.
There wasn't really any paid ads or influencer style posts. People were fairly simple and relaxed about blogging
My posts were mainly waffly, about books, faith, school and general stuff.
I blogged fairly sporadically.
In the '10's
This was the zenith decade of blogging. Loads of posts, lots of comments, lots of interacting and fun.
More of my posts became about outfits, crafts, places I'd visited, Doctor Who. I tried to keep things really varied.
I blogged a LOT!
The '20's
Lots of my favourite bloggers stopped blogging. This is very sad because my blogging buddies are very dear to me but there have been some wonderful new additions to my favourites!
My blogging has become less frequent, life has got a bit more in the way. I post about Doctor Who. poems, sometimes holidays, garden, nature, outfits, school, occasional recipes or food, sometimes faith.
I still love blogging and I appreciate all of you!
Special shout outs to:
Ang, Sheila, Ally, Bev, Vix, Ann, Johnny-jumps-up, Ivana, Kelly, Anca, Kirsten- you are very loyal!
Here's to the next 20!
xx
Well done. You were one of the bloggers who inspired me (I started in 2008) and it has been a delight to follow your life and share in the highs and lows. You bring inspiration and joy, God bless you always Kezzie
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your milestone!! (I think I'll make twenty in the fall) Isn't it funny how our frequency in posting and subject matter change over the years... just like our real lives!
ReplyDeleteHere's to twenty more!
Thank you so much for the shout out.
ReplyDeleteWhat you wrote really made me think....
Blogging has changed a lot in the last decade...now that I think about it, blogging in the '20ties feels more relaxed to me than blogging in the 2010s. Yes, there is less engagement now in the 2020ties, because a lot of bloggers have moved to social media, but blogging somehow still feels genuine.
Congrats on 20 years of blogging. That's very impressive!
Congratulations on 20 years of blogging! Many former bloggers have given up long ago, so 20 years is quite an achievement. I'm so glad to have met you through blogging and call you my friend! xxx
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on 20 years of blogging. It was interesting to hear a little of your blogging history. Mine forms a similar pattern of having a period where I blogged a lot and then another when I posted less. I'm starting to post a bit more again now that I'm working less hours and I'm finding that I'm quite enjoying it. I look forward to many more years of reading your blogs, if you have the time to write them. As you say, life does sometimes get in the way.
ReplyDeleteI am not a blogger but I am a blog reader and really enjoy your posts.
ReplyDeleteJane
I have always enjoyed reading your posts from when I started blogging back in 2009. Keep on blogging, Kezzie!!
ReplyDelete20 years! That's amazing! I'm a whole four years behind you. I'm delighted that our blogs brought us together!
ReplyDeleteIt's sad that so many of our old friends have stopped blogging although it does make replying to comments a lot easier!
Here's to the next 20 years, Kezzie! xxx
Congratulations on 20 years Kezzie. That's amazing. I'm very glad you weren't one of the ones who gave up.
ReplyDeleteMy current blog will be 17 years old in June but technically I've been blogging longer as I had an MSN blog waaay back. I lost it when they got rid of the feature and really regret not saving the posts somewhere beforehand as I blogged throughout my time in Austria.
Congratulations! Wow! 20 years! How wonderful!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Kezzie! It's 18 years for me, feels like forever!
ReplyDelete