Tuesday, August 01, 2023

TARDIS Tuesday - Peri meets Clara!!!

Hi there!

It's time for another Summery TARDIS Tuesday!  I was planning to wear this outfit worn by Clara Oswald in Doctor Who, The Ultimate Guide.  I last wore it here for TARDIS Tuesday in September 2020


Image result for Clara oswald the ultimate guide outfit
Image borowed from this Pinterest

The outfit is a beautiful oil-slick rainbowy dress from Yumi.  She wears it with a pair of black/white/yellow, colour block, T bar sandals from Dune, a pair of winged sunglasses and a straw hat.

It's a great summery outfit in many ways!

Here's my version:



I LOVE anything oil-slicky or rainbowy so this dress was one I was eager to find early on in my Clara phase! It was often available as a resell from other cosplayers at a high price but I waited until I found a muggle selling one for less than £10.  It was a bit twisted in this picture! Mental note to self- look in mirror before taking a photo.  It is SO much prettier in real life than it comes across in pictures!
I wore CBC's charity shopped genuine Panama for the photo (I bought it for him!) and a pair of sunglasses I bought in Greece.  I wore both of these last time I wore this outfit.  Finally, I added my Clarks T-bar leather shoes.  These are my standard concert shoes now- they were charity-shopped and are super comfy!
This is a great sunny day outfit BUT for the material it is made out of. Whilst it is breathable, it is synthetic so not convinced I would want to wear this out on a scorching sunny day though for an evening out, it would work!

However, as I was wearing the dress, admiring its lovely rainbowyness, I suddenly wondered if it would work as an alternative top for Peri's Two Doctors outfit, an outfit I interpreted around a month ago or so.



I knew it wouldn't take too much effort to locate the shorts and headband which were lying on my spare room floor and the shoes which are my garage shoes so I quickly tried to see if I could turn the dress into a top. Ta daaaaaaa!
All I did was roll the dress up and tuck it under the waistband and I undid the zip on the dress a bit. Admittedly it looks a bit chunky but I think some other Claras could try and do a Peri outfit using this dress too!

What do you think?  Does it work better than my previous interpretation of the top?


So here they are, side by side:


Which one do you prefer?

xx


7 comments:

  1. Darker top, definitely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You had me at "rainbow." I admire your ingenuity in presenting the dress in different ways. You have a creative mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me of the beautiful plumage on a starling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "oil-slick" dress! I'm not sure how I feel about it rolled up for a top, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the oil-slick dress as a dress but, although the intention is good, I think it's a bit bulky rolled up as a top. It does look great with the colour of the shorts, though! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cute dress - it looks great on you, Kezzie. I like it as a top too - maybe you should keep an eye out for another one, and just chop it in half to make a top? I think I prefer the rainbow top with the shorts, but the tops both work well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's clever, rolling up that pretty dress to make a top! I like Sheila's idea of tracking down another one and cutting it off, best of both worlds! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)