Summer is my absolute season for clothes! I know some proper style bloggers prefer the seasons where they can layer to show imagination in their choices but for me, I am happy to don a pretty dress! That's what my wardrobe is most full of!
One summer, it would be self-indulgent (and far too much effort), I would like to chart every summery outfit but in this case, I am throwing together a few pictures of some photos of outfits I actually DID photograph but don't just want to do ONE post of.
As usual, photos will be accompanied by dreary monologue.
My work colleague Kim is wonderfully stylish but in a beautiful comfy, understated way. Her outfits are very artistic, colourful and full of beautiful patterns. She is fond of finding items on eBay so we get on well. Her niece was getting rid of this lovely pink Monsoon dress and she has often said what similar taste me and her niece have so she passed it on. I was delighted it fitted. It's a nice weight of cotton. I wore it here with red and white Toms and pink star earrings as well as a Landsend Belt.I call this my Sheila Pose! I bought this top from Zoe Mundo in Pollensa in April and mainly for its beautiful Bell sleeves. It has an open back which ties up. I teamed it with this black maxi skirt which I bought for £2 in the Salvation army charity shop in June. Some New Look peep toe shoes from years ago and a Monsoon butterfly necklace completed the look. I wore it for dinner out with CBC.
In the next picture, I bought this rayon Indian dress the same day as the black skirt from the SA shop. It was a bargain at £5 and has slits at the side which allow a nice air flow. Teamed with my Croatian hat (bought in Split), my nan's bead necklace and 2nd hand Saltwater sandals. I wore this to visit the Leigh Art Trail.
This final outfit features my lilac linen Dungarees from Sainsbury's. As last time, I am wearing them with a white top but this time a Broderie anglaise top from Oliver Bonas. I wore a pair of Rieker lattice pumps (charity shopped) and my lilac beret (charity shopped) with flower brooch. I really like wearing these dungarees!
Which is your favourite?
xx

Very hard to choose because you look great in everything but I think the Pollensa top just clinches it by a thread!
ReplyDeleteLikewise, can't really choose. You look great in them all. I do like the blue dress though.
ReplyDeleteI love the top you're wearing with the long black skirt - that is a gorgeous outfit (and it's not just because of the "Sheila pose", lol - thank you, darlin'). I love the first dress as well, and the lilac overalls. The blue dress probably looks better in motion, but I don't skew very "boho" - it's still a lovely outfit. Happy almost weekend, Kezzie!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I could wear any of them, but they all look SO good on you! It's difficult to pick a favorite, but I've always had a weakness for overalls. (and haven't owned any in decades)
ReplyDeleteYou do look fantastic in all of these outfits, so it's really hard for me to choose one. If I have to, I'd go for the second outfit. The maxi skirt and the blouse make for such a fabulous combo.
ReplyDeleteP.S. The first dress is so lovely! The lilac overalls also make for cute styling. The maxi Indian dress paired with a hat is a gorgeous look as well.
I like the drama of the bell sleeved top. I love long pencil skirts and those sleeves are so swooshy. A close second is the hat with the flower brooch. All hats should have brooches. Love all your posts and your positive attitude!
ReplyDeleteI love the Indian dress -- but I can't help but enjoy all of your outfits, with your smile :-)
ReplyDeleteThey all look good. I'd like to wear dungarees but with my bottom there'd be such a HUGE expanse of fabric! I still fondly remember my blue and white striped dungarees from when I was at Uni.
ReplyDeleteLove FD xx
ReplyDeleteThese are all absolutely gorgeous, Kezzie and I'm having problems choosing a favourite. The first dress is very you, but I'm swooning over the butterfly sleeved blouse and the rayon Indian dress! xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic round-up! I love all of them but I'm very drawn towards that beautiful top you bought in Spain and the embroidered dress as I'd wear them both! xxx
ReplyDelete