Tuesday, February 09, 2021

TARDIS Tuesday-Amy Pond's Christmas Jumper from The Doctor, the Witch and the Wardrobe

 Hi there,

Here's another week of TARDIS Tuesday and this week, I am featuring Amy Pond and her Chrsitmas outfit from the Christmas episode, The Doctor, the Witch and the Wardrobe which has a Narnia-esque ilk to the episode.

Amy only features right at the very end of the episode as the Doctor realises, after his exploits, that he needs to let Amy and Rory know he is still alive and that he didn't die.

Here's a collage I made:



She does wear pink tights and black boots with this outfit but you barely see those so I focused on the top half of the outfit.


She wears a dark Scandi Christmas jumper and appears by her front door (with wreath.)
I am glad I took these as the next day, CBC finally took down our wreath (I wanted to leave it up)

The jumper belongs to my German cosplaying friend, remember the parcel mentioned in the Cheese-incident post? I tried it on before I posted it to her (with her permission of course!) 

It's a very cosy jumper and I am sure that Charlotte will be very cosy in it!

This post was more about the fun of trying to recreate some of the pictures though it was hard as I didn't have my regular camera or tripod and was working with a music stand and a mobile phone!

Ah well.

x


16 comments:

  1. That is a lovely Scandi Jumper. It does look warm. Do you have much snow in Essex?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      It is really cosy. Well, it was before I sent it to Germany! We didn't have loads at first but it kept snowing and we've still got a garden full of it. That said, it was very sunny today and lots melted on the pavements though the ones in shadow are still icy!

      Delete
  2. I love a festive jumper. I wear mine all winter at home, they are so cosy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! Why should they just be for Christmas! I've been wearing some lovely cosy Cashmere this week and I've loved it!

      Delete
  3. What you call a jumper, we call a pullover sweater.
    In any case, I love it. It looks warm and beautiful and really cosy.

    Let it be known that my Christmas wreath is still up and so is my Nativity, especially at this time of Covid when everything is so bleak. I justify having my nativity still out on my buffet by saying because of Covid, the Magi can't reave because of travel restriction.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, I forget the differences! It's a lovely sweater, I agree!
      I am very glad to hear your wreath is still up! I agree, that's why I wanted to keep mine up as I love the decoration!
      Love your Magi justification!

      Delete
  4. I love your collage of pictures and your facial expressions are delightful. And what a lovely jumper, too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was fun to take the pictures. I did wonder if the neighbours across the road were secretly watching our of their window and thinking, "Whaaaaaat?"

      Delete
  5. Your expression made me chuckle!
    What a shame that's your friend's jumper, I bet that would be a delight to wear at the moment.
    One of my wreaths is still hanging from the door, I'm amazed how long its lasted. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I aim to please!
      It's a nice jumper but I have some lovely warm jumpers I've been wearing all week so it's fine!

      Delete
  6. That looks like a lovely cosy jumper. Your hair also looks gorgeous in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! I was having a good hair day! We've just found another Lush shampoo bar in the drawer so we can go back to nice hair again!

      Delete
  7. Love the jumper, it looks really great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wreath is totally all-season, IMO! Love the fun reindeer jumper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dark Christmas jumper is lovely. I'm sure your German cosplay friend will enjoy it. This is a cute look and I like the photos. I don't have a tripod either, perhaps it's something I should invest in.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)