1. Read only trilogies or stand alones?
I like to be able to follow up on a book- I am a creature of habit and I like sequels so I
would choose trilogies if I had to only choose one.
2. Read only male or female authors?
Whether it is written by a male or a female never even goes through my head when
I choose a book. I just choose them. That said, I love Alexander McCall Smith and
Edward Marston, yet I also love Georgette Heyer, Agatha Christie and Eva Ibbotson.
Not sure!
3. Shop at a book shop or Amazon?
I will ONLY shop at Amazon if there is something I desperately need and can't get
elsewhere. I decided to boycott Amazon after discovering they don't pay taxes in the UK.
The only things I have bought from there since then are two song books that were
out of print that I needed for school but couldn't get- the last was 'Cats- vocal book'
as you can ONLY get the 'vocal selections book' from anywhere else which does not
include all the songs and I needed 'Jellicle cats' for school this term-was trying to teach
it from a 1 page screenshot from the internet and from memory (not Memory
though- get it???). Otherwise,
ABSOLUTELY bookshop or charity shop only.
4. All books become films or TV shows?
Hmmm... that's an interesting one. Erm, TV series maybe as I can watch them
on catchup?
5. Read five pages a day or five books a week?
Well, I read on average, around about 7 books a month, so I am more likely to be at
the five books a week than 5 pages. If I only read 5 pages a day, I'd never finish that
amount a month!
6. Be a professional reviewer or author?
Well, I LOVE reading books so I'd love the opportunity to read more books BUT,
I tend to get a bit bogged down writing reviews recently thus I wouldn't make a
very good one I suspect. I'd love to write a book some day but I'm not sure
I'd be able to write a whole book- plus (not my chief motivation), it's not very lucrative!
7. Only read your top 20 books or only ever read new books?
I love rereading old books but in recent times I've done this less, so maybe nowadays
I'd choose to read only new books (but it would make me sad if I couldn't read old
ones again!)
8. Be a librarian or book seller?
Choices, choices-I like the idea of BOTH! That's a hard choice. Both professions are
at the mercy of someone. Libraries face threats due to local council cuts in recent
times and book shops find it harder due to the internet etc. It would be nice to be
a librarian I think. I always yearned to be one but I studied the wrong degree
(although I have a friend who is a BBC music librarian now who was on my
degree programme- she then did a librarian qualification.) I applied for a job to
be Music Librarian at ENO but did an awful interview- in my nervous state, I
transposed a viola part from alto clef to treble clef wrongly!
9. Only read you favourite genre, or read every genre except your favourite?
*Scoffs in distain* Of COURSE, I'd choose just to read 'Whodunnits'
for the rest of my days- there are thousands of the things out there!
10. Only read physical books or only read e-books.
Physical books only. I was offered a Kindle for £10 and refused!
I'd love to hear if you decided to join in with this one or even just leave
some of your answers below, I love book chat!!
Ooh I LOVE this post! Definitely going to 'borrow' (steal) it at some point. #7 is particularly pertinent - historically I have re-read a lot but am trying to make sure I read all the new stuff I have or can get from the library rather than always going for an old favourite.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining in, although I can't take the credit for the post, I stole it from someone else too x x
ReplyDeleteHi Kezzie! I love e-books and it saves having piles and piles of "I'll never read this again" books.
ReplyDeleteI love real books more, of course.
I wouldn't want to be a book editor because I don't want people telling me what to read. I experience that in book club sometimes but not TOO much.
I like women authors more often than men for novels but I like men authors for nonfiction.
Take care! Good post!
Done: http://wherearethefrogs.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/would-you-rather-book-edition-borrowed.html
ReplyDeleteI would like to be a librarian, what a job that would be surrounded by books all day.
ReplyDeleteCharity shops are great for books and where we pick up most things for ourselves. I have to say though that Amazon is useful when trying to shop for the children although if I can but elsewhere I would rather.
Lisa x
I was talking with my husband about Kindle. I don't like the idea at all. Nothing can compare with a book made out of paper and ideas. Maybe I will change my mind in the future, but for the moment I'm going monthly at the library in search for books. :)
ReplyDeleteFun choices! I also re-read books less often than I used to. There are so many new ones to discover! I also avoid Amazon, or any of the big shops. But then, I get most of my books via the library, even ebooks. And I love my Kindle! It's easy to hold, and I can read even in dim light. Also, with library ebooks there are no germs or strange stains or hair on the pages!
ReplyDeleteNothing like visiting an old book store and holding real paper in your hands. I always admired Captain Picard because he kept real books to read and had excellent taste in tea...and slightly less hair than me.
ReplyDeleteIt was so interesting to read this tag. I think my answers would be similar to yours. I also dreamed of being a librarian...and I prefer real books to ebooks. I just like that feeling of holding a book in my hand.
ReplyDeleteSome of those questions are really tough! I don't tend to reread books, so I'd definitely go for the "new books" option. And I also try to borrow books from the library or friends- so I don't buy them very often (usually just the ones for my book club, where I try to get the cheapest copy I can find regardless of source/type) xxx
ReplyDelete