I thought I'd share a few photos from my birthday weekend-mostly trying on silly things and the suchlike!
Over at my sister's on Friday. Here was my niece's World Book day costume from last year- how impressive my sister made this without a pattern- she was the character from a book her class were studying then. And this is me in my 'Be your selfie' outfit- yep, this sums me up to a tee!
Denim cat dress was so comfy- was tempted...
Dress version of my cat musicians blouse!
Topshop Oxford Street has always had a great (but pricey) vintage section- I loved this little yellow ruffled dress but £110 was a bit much.
Checking out the Skinny dip handbags- I think these are so cool but I have come to the conclusion I cannot cope with small handbags (or ones without shoulder straps) so there was no fear it was going to come home with me.
Oasis had an interactive display outside capitalising in on the Colouring book craze- you could colour in their exterior facade!
Never noticed the Liberty ship before!
Great display in Kiehl's. Skeleton riding on vintage bicycle in paisley kimono- nothing to see here.
Carnaby Street is heaving!
Into Irregular Choice to see the #IrregularAlice collection!
Mmmm...
Trying on the Cheshire Flats...
Sadly only in a size 43, not my 42, miles too big!
More Cheshire cats and flats...
And Cheshire cat in the dark!
They had these soldier flats in a 41, but they hurt my feet!
The Alice glitter shoes were so pretty (but pricey!)
I've liked these Oil-slick brogues for ages but they were a) too pointy, b) too expensive, c) neither the 41 or 42 fitted me properly.
Loving one of my presents from CBC- it's Teto the Fox-squirrel from Nausicaa, the Anime film! I totally fell in love with Teto and CBC sourced me my old cuddly one at great expense
And scoffing all the salted caramel fudge from Mr Simms' sweetshop courtesy of Mummykins!
I had one or two lovely presents including some great dance shoes for Lindyhop from CBC and a lovely Mockingjay brooch from Melanie and WOMOTM and J gave me some money which I shall offset against the Sailor coat and er- something else!
xxx

You always find the best prints in your clothes. Well, and shoes too! And the little squirrel is so cute - what a perfect gift to be reunited with a childhood friend. I'm glad you had a lovely birthday weekend!
ReplyDeleteThe denim cat dress belongs in my life! Looks like you had a fabulous birthday xx
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Kezzie! It sounds like a lovely day ... funny Irregular Alice collection : the flats are really cute!
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing the photos of Carnaby Street where I was as a tourist some years ago!!
Happy birthday! I love the yellow dress, it's a little expensive, but it's so cute! x
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, those cheshire cat shoes just kills me. Happy Birthday Kezzie. They are certainly not vintage but more avant-garde I think.
ReplyDeleteI love the skeleton riding the vintage bike. What an attention grabber.
Have a great March.
Hugs, JB
I meant to add that your niece's costume looks adorable.
DeleteJB
Awww, Teto! I love Nausicaa, it's one of my favourite anime films and that is such a cute plushie that you found. Love the UFO clutch bag too, so cool. Hope you had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed yourself! Love all of the cool costumes. - Tasha
ReplyDeleteWhat a fab birthday day out! I bet that Topper vintage dress was a maxi once, the frills are fabulous (but not the price!)
ReplyDeletexxx
Happy (a bit belated) birthday! Oh my, the cat collar dress is just amazing, not sure how you resisted. And salted caramel fudge is my crack, far too addictive!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great birthday, you have got to love a trip to London x x
ReplyDeleteAww, belated birthday wishes, looks like you had loads of fun dressing up! Just realised those shoes have a tail!!
ReplyDeleteOh I love that selection of shoes Kezzie! And Belated Birthday wishes to you.
ReplyDeletehttp://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/
Great Outfits - a bit of trivia for you - The timbers used in the construction of the Liberty's building (built in 1924 by architects Edwin T. Hall and his son Edwin S. Hall) were taken from two British naval ships, HMS Impregnable and HMS Hindustan. The wood panelling inside the lifts comes from the ships too. I lOVE Liberty's!!
ReplyDeleteLove is finding a fox squirrel!
ReplyDeleteShame about the shoes not fitting and about the price of the ruffley dress that was gorgeous.
Patterned collars, I am loving that idea.
Lisa x
Happy Belated Birthday!
ReplyDeleteThose musical cats are brilliant and that ruffled yellow dress was stunning.
All in all it looks like such a fun day out.
I need a colouring wall in my house.
bisous
Suzanne
You look so beautiful in each outfit, heck in each shot I should say. Such a gorgeous woman and especially wow and exciting in that yellow ruffle number. The denim cat dress is adorable. You find (and are one of) the most lovely things.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post Kezzie! Such a lot of fab things to see. You clearly had a wonderful time. I love the oil slick brogues and Alice glitter shoes - either of those would have been a huge temptation to me. Although that fudge looked pretty tempting too ...
ReplyDeleteAnna
Anna's Island Style
so great you enjoyed this birthday weekend to the full! All outfits suit you so well. That yellow dress is indeed gorgeous but the price is quite high even if we know that a quality vintage dress like that usually costs a pretty penny.
ReplyDeleteI do love your fun collars. I'm a collar lover and I used to do embroidery on them, I don't know what I stopped I have to start again.
So many amazing pair of shoes! I especially like those inspired by Alice in Wonderland. Too bad they didn't have your size.
Firstly, I'm so glad you liked the brooch. Secondly, that yellow dress is so pretty! I am far too intimidated to go into high street clothes shops. Those shoes are quite something, so unusual xxx
ReplyDeleteGoodness, how do you FIND all those adorable things? The clothes you share with us are so entertaining -- just FUN and pretty and happy :) My faves this time are definitely that yellow ruffle-front dress. That looked fabulous on you. And those Cheshire cat shoes -- Oh how I wish I could get some for both my daughters! They would adore them. Happy (late) birthday, Kezzie!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday! How brilliant of CBC to hunt down that squirrel for you :) And the sparkly Alice heels and fudge both look amazing. I've had that mermaid clutch on my wishlist since Xmas. Might buy it for myself as a birthday treat :p xxx
ReplyDeleteSlightly belated happy birthday.
ReplyDeleteCheshire Cat shoes?? AMAZING!!
Awww...it looks like you had such a fun birthday. Thanks for taking us shopping with you :)
ReplyDelete