Monday, January 11, 2016

#5 brooches 15

Hi there! There are mostly new brooches in this batch as well as a familiar one or two!
Brooch numero uno is this copper-glitter bear!  I find him utterly adorable! It looks like he is looking up lovingly at me! This Whitestuff short-sleeved cardie is the perfect display cabinet for brooches I've discovered! It has HAUGE lapels!  I've had it about 6 years but I don't wear it very often as it is handwash only and I know it will fester at the bottom of the laundry basket for years! But since washing machines now have handwash settings, really I have no excuse except my fear of wrecking it! The necklace was a Christmas pressie from my sister-in-law and is from Ladybird likes!
Foxy makes his reappearance for the 3rd time in the 5 brooches series! I like his serious yet twinkling eyes! Thought I'd show you the collar in its entirety avec double chinnage for free!
That's him close up. On the same grey cardie.

Collar clips! The shirt I am wearing has been my most worn charity shop purchase of 2015- £1 bought with Hazel and Sophie it is comfy, requires no ironing and is boring enough for collar clips every time!
I've shared 3 pictures of these dinosaur collar clips as they were really hard to photograph. As you can see, this shirt DOES require ironing which I attempted to hide under my charity-shopped tank top but the lack of ironing was sadly evident.
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr! Stegosaurus!
Snap, snap, bite, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRR! T-rex!

Lastly, this 'Save the Bees' ceramic brooch went with my December-charity-shopped mustard polo neck jumper. To my mortification, on wearing this with black trousers, my friend and colleague told me I looked like I was in Star Trek!  Now I love being told I look like I am dressed up as something but I would have liked to have been doing it deliberately. Hmmmm,Star Trek brooch....

Any favourites? I've seen some lovely ones around but I can't remember whose posts as I was on a train!!

Brooches elsewhere

http://www.annasislandstyle.com/2015/12/party-season-and-pitfalls-of-indoor.html 
Anna's amazing sparkly brooch with beautiful silver dress and accessories!
http://www.annasislandstyle.com/2016/01/winter-turquoise.html 
Kenzo brooch

51 comments:

  1. I like the bear best! They are all very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's my favourite too! I was so pleased to receive him!

      Delete
  2. This won't surprise you but, I have that scarf too and the Orla heat tech tops! :) I always love to see what brooches you are wearing, I'm always jealous of your collection! However, I'm trying to wear more brooches. In fact, I'm wearing my grandma's in tomorrow's outfit posts. Oh how I would love to play dress up in your wardrobe <3 Hope the first week back wasn't too testing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not remotely surprised! I'd like to play dress up in your wardrobe too! Your clothes are beautiful and you have so many nice collars!x

      Delete
  3. Ahh dinosaurs! Lovely collection, I love how quriky your style always is :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thankyou! Quirky is a style I like to aspire to!x

      Delete
  4. I love the Save the Bees brooch the best, I think it's most important as they are the crop pollinators and we owe much to them for their hard work in pollinating for the harvest of fruits, legumes, berries etc. and seed production for the following year. I hope people will stop using harmful pesticides and herbicides and the bees will come back. Now iit's time to climb down from my soap box.


    I miss your What's it mystery clouds posts. I love seeing things in clouds, not that I had much time looking at cloud formations lately.

    You have a real talent in coordinating colors.

    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    JB


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to do one soon!x
      And I replied via email to the rest!xx

      Delete
  5. Collar clips!! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that pesky handwashing issue again but the fear factor of machine washing in understandable with a treasured piece.
    Great brooches again! I love all the little animals and insects adorning your clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, what a pest!!!
      Thank you! I love animal things too!x

      Delete
  7. Accidental Captain Kirk outfit, you lucky lady :) The dinos are super sweet but Mr. Bear takes the cake for me.

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yes, I aspire to Captain Kirk! Although I've always been more of a Will Riker kind of girl (or Wesley Crusher!)

      Delete
  8. Love Mr Bear in all his twinkly handsomeness.
    Great shirt, even creased!
    The Star Trek outfit made me giggle.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! Yeh, the tank top saved me from looking too scruffy for work!
      It made me giggle too though I was dismayed I WAS NOT the one who'd planned it deliberately as a secret Cosplay!x

      Delete
  9. Love your collar clips. I look a bit weird in shirts and blouses, but I would give one another go for the sake of some dinosaurs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a go! Maybe it's what you wear with them! You need BUNNY collar clips!x

      Delete
  10. I'm not a brooch wearer - although I do have several, mostly inherited. Love the collar clips though - now they are something I would wear! Especially the stellar and lightening bolt one :) Trekkie brooch a must for that outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you need collar clips!!! A Trekkie brooch would be very easy to make!

      Delete
  11. A fun set of brooches. I like the Save the Bees one best. Glad you mentioned the necklace too as it was a lovely gift from your sister-in-law. If I didn't know you I would be guessing what your name was before being introduced and I wouldn't have guessed correctly as you have an unusual, but lovely name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The necklace was really great! She did some awesome blog stalking!!! Ha, yes, I always do that when I see initial necklaces!x

      Delete
  12. Ooh the bear brooch is lovely! And he looks really at home on that (rather lovely) White Stuff cardy.
    Glad that you fond, what sounds like the perfect shirt, here in Ipswich! Comfy, non-iron and a great base for brooches - perfection.
    I chuckled at your Rawr-ing! And am rather in love with your patterned shirt, it’s very pretty.
    Love that you dressed in a Star Trek uniform (albeit unintentionally), my brother used to have a star trek badge that made ‘the noise’ when you pressed it, you need one of those for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He DOES look at home!
      The Ipswich shirt was wonderful- loved that £1 Cancer Research!!! My bunting cardie came from there too!
      Ha, the rahing was me trying to not just say, "This is a brooch from x, blah, blah, blah!"
      I want a noisy badge too!x

      Delete
  13. Really love your dinosaur clips and also the bear brooch - very sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you like them! Sparkles are great, esp early in the morning as you so aptly stated in your current post!x

      Delete
  14. Your new brooches are so cute! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mine was mostly lovely thanks, and yours?x

      Delete
  15. I love the little details and your accessories in this post. In response to your question on my blog... yes, I trained primarily as an orchestral harpist. The teaching, wedding performances and other solo work have developed over the years. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent! So if I were to invite you to music camp, would you come!!!x

      Delete
  16. The dinasaurs are my favourite, they are so cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Orla Keilly Scarf!!!! I love OK stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love her things too- they have such a 70's aesthetic!!x

      Delete
  18. The wee stegosaurus is my favourite this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute is the bee brooch! And Mr Fox is rather adorable too. I think I may be the only person I know who loves ironing - I feel as if I'm smoothing all my cares away. Kezzie you're so sweet to give me a shout out for my brooches, thank you x
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased with him! My friend M bought me two brooches for Christmas and she's only seen me twice since my whole "Must wear my brooches," phase rebegan!

      Delete
  20. Dinosaurs!! <3

    Yes, save the bees. We need beeeeeeezzzz!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love Mr Fox and the bees. Your red and white shirt is gorgeous too. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. That bear brooch is utterly adorable indeed. I really like the fox one as well...and how cute is that dinosaur?

    You have a lovely collection of brooches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so fond of Foxy, he's very sweet!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  23. Photos with dinosaurus are unbelievable! I really love this combination of colors! This look is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've not worn turquoise and red together before!

      Delete
  24. That fox is adorable!

    Hand washing is the worst. I put a vintage dress in and all the colour came out. I'm still trying to paint the colour back on by hand.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  25. ohmygoodnessohmygoodness THOSE COLLAR CLIPS!! Both sets are just incredible xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah, I love finding a new blog and reading through the archives! Love these brooches, I was given a couple for Christmas and I'll wear them this week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do enjoy your brooch series - you have such unusual ones! I have much love for polar bear and fox!
    And I'm with you on the handwashing - such a pain!

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all your collar clips, especially the dinosaurs! It makes me want to wear shirts (and I don't own any shirts right now!)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)