Monday, March 30, 2015

Through the window



I finally got around to joining in with another Style Imitating Art  with Jess at Animated Cardigan.
This beautiful stained glass entitled "Spring" was the inspiration piece, designed by John La Farge.
Let's stop to admire it! Isn't it beautiful. So bright and detailed.

The colour  of the background was an instant outfit creator in my mind.  That shade of, let's say it altogether... TARDIS blue, put me in mind of a real favourite dress of mine.

Here's my interpretation.


I adore this Dorothy Perkins dress which I wore for my orchestra's Peter and the Wolf concert last year (as my role as the bird)- I've worn it in a similar way but with different items excepting the dress. I can finally wear this dress at school because my previous headteacher also owned this dress so I was careful not to wear it to school in case we inadvertently matched! Embarassing, right?

The dress is, of course, self-explanatory as to the reason for choice, as are the Irregular Choice shoes.  The cardigan was an attempt to pick out the dark/turquoisey green hues in the background.  The necklace was a nod to the life and vibrancy of the picture- it was a leaving present from the Academy from my lovely work colleague Nikki! Finally, a flower in my hair

How would you have interpreted this painting?

Feeling a little lonely tonight. CBC, who is now on holiday, has travelled up to Northumberland, via Derby and Manchester to visit friends. My holiday doesn't begin till the weekend.  It's amazing how used you can get to living with someone. 5 years of living alone,  I was fine. The house now seems empty! It's probably all in my mind.

Hope you are well.
xxx

Linking to TARDIS Tuesday with the fabulous Maricel
tardistuesdaysnewcopy

24 comments:

  1. oh Kezzie! those shoes are crazy fun!!!
    Please see me at:

    http://renae'srepertoire.com

    I have a new URL, hosting and name. Perfect for springtime, huh?

    This is me, Renae of Simple Sequins, but in a whole new light!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Renae! Aha, I pre-empted you and visited your new blog! Looking forward to more!x

      Delete
  2. The dress is perfect with the painting! It's an absolutely gorgeous dress anyway, I love the colour and the length.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of those items when I saw it in the window, I HAD to have it!x

      Delete
  3. You interpretation of the beautiful stain glass window is unbelievably accurate.
    The dress is so pretty and that Tardis blue suites you so well. Great shoes as well.

    I hope that you won't be too lonely with CBC away visiting friends.

    Take care Kezzie and I hope that you have a good week.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yoU! I was pretty pleased with it. It's been okso far without CBC,I've got dinner with a friend tomorrow and I've been staying at school till 6.30 so haven't got home to 7.45ish!x

      Delete
  4. Oh, my stars and garters! That is a heavenly dress! And those shoes! I'm dying over here! One again, my Aly attributes it to being British because "all British things are beautiful", which is a direct from her about your outfit and you. I respectfully agree with my wise and precocious daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Not all things British are beautiful. Litter and Michael Gove for instance...

      Delete
  5. I loved the stained glass, I simply love stained glasses! And also your interpretation, I really think you did a great job and you look adorable! It really feels like the color-scheme of the glass, I loved your dress and shoes! The dress is really cute, and that's why your headteacher also has it :) I know how it feels, I spend many hours alone, completely alone... it's maybe to compensate the years I had no moment alone, with my family :) Then now it's the total opposite, and I understand what you feel, but soon your holidays will start and you can join CBC again! And I hope you then have a lot of fun!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it too! Thank you. The colour scheme was my main aim! Yes, it's funny how you go between lots of company and then none.x

      Delete
  6. That painting screams the word "freedom" to me but I am certainly biased. A lovely bit of work that. And your dress and shoes are beautiful and sweet! The flower is a wonderful touch! I wish you the best of holidays xo

    All Things Bright and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I like the colour scheme.

      Delete
  7. Totally gorgeous dress. Love the whole ensemble.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress!! <3 You have the best clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:26 am

    The stained glass certainly is beautiful. Your interpretation is spot on, you look fabulous.
    Isn't it odd being in a house alone when you're so used to someone being there.

    You're right about my outfit and Rose, I'd forgotten all about that episode as I had to google it to refresh my mind! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it certainly is weird! You have to link Rose! I'm ALL alone in the TARDIS Tuesday link up right now!x

      Delete
  10. I adore this dress, a perfect length on you too. Wonder if anyone will interpret the stained glass literally and topless? Just putting it out there (and hoping they don't) ha! I rather like being on my own, but I think it's because there's always someone here, that it's rare I get some peace. I recall one Easter staying at Uni by myself and feeling rather lonely without my flatmates...I took the kitchen knife to bed as I was rather paranoid, silly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, nobody did that. They all did florals of some sort! I got paranoid last time CBC was out late and I could hear what I thought were footsteps upstairs. I phoned my sister and made her stay on the phone whilst I went upstairs with the rolling pin!x

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous stained glass, and a lovely interpretation - what a pretty dress.
    I lived on my own for years, and still rather miss it - I yearn to have the house to myself, and never feel remotely scared! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dress is lovely! The pattern is so nice! :)
    In college my best friend and I turned up one day wearing the same top.. and very similar jeans and cardigan.. and we sat next to each other in most classes so it was very awkward haha XD We had similar style so it was bound to happen one day haha :') xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how the shoes match the dress! It's probably just as well you didn't take the painting too literally, it could cause some problems if it were windy out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how the shoes match the dress! It's probably just as well you didn't take the painting too literally, it could cause some problems if it were windy out.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)