
Hello! All of a sudden, I am seeing references to the 70's being BIG this season apparently! I missed the official memo (don't really follow) but I've several cool bloggers to thank for me now knowing! Hurrah!
I love the 70's since there were so many influences- there was something for everyone, I love all my Mum's 70's dresses she wore. Sadly,she no longer owns any of my favourites- alas! I won't be buying any 2015 does 70's, why buy new when you can get the real thing (or you could if you hadn't given up shopping for Lent and hopefully beyond)

I was delighted to haul this item (sincerely hoping it really IS 70's....) out of my wardrobe on Sunday for church- I found it at a vintage fair in London some time ago. It is comfortable but I have accidentally made a rip at the seams down one side but have been too

Oh the sun was glorious but the poses were dumb!


I WAS going to mow the lawn yesterday. Except that we still don't have one and I am too embarrassed to ask the neighbours. Wish I'd bought one when gardencentres and B&Q hike the prices in anticipation!

Happy shoes for a happy day! I've had these shoes since before Christmas. I had seen them in Modcloth- they must have been in someone's 'rainbow wishlist' or 'rainbow fashion' post, who knows but I fell for them! They have a RAINBOW on them. BUT, there was no way I was risking US import taxes (or a large cost). Amazingly luckily, they turned up reduced on the ASOS site and I had the amount left on a voucher from WOMOTM from last year's birthday. Clearly was meant to be.
One of the first times I was GOING to wear them, I put them in a bag in CBC's car to meet him at his school because I was helping out by playing viola for his school concert. When I got there and went to get changed, I could only find one shoe. I was utterly perplexed as to where the other one was. I searched all through his music department and his car. No shoe. In a weird Cinderella way, I was one shoe down and the only shoes I had with me were my turquoise clompy Doc Martens which I clearly couldn't wear on stage. No one who had any spare black shoes was even close to my enormous size 8's. In the end, I had to go onto stage in my 'stockinged feet' (you know tights, but how else do I phrase it?) and hope the fact they were dark didn't draw attention to my feet. The next day, it transpired that it had dropped out the bag as he brought it in and sat in the rain all night outside the office where it was found by a secretary. Sigh. Luckily it hadn't shrunk and at least I got it back.

That isn't the most daft shoe/concert/story/incident I can relate though. Once,I was playing a concert at St John's Smith Square in London. It is a huge concert hall with a high up stage so essentially the audience can see your feet quite prominently. Well, the leader forgot his black shoes and only had white trainers with him. So...what did he do? Any ideas?
Well, what actually happened was, the co-leader, the man who sat next to him lent him ONE on his shoes and they both sat on stage wearing one shoe each. Now we all surely know that the leader has to walk onto and off of stage to applause by himself. Yep, he did that in one shoe!!!!!! What would you have done if that had been you?? Surely ANYTHING but that!
Do you have any funny shoe stories? Or any 70's clothing? Or rainbow shoes? Or any random anecdote you want to share? I'm all ears!x
xxx
P.S. Actually think my neighbour might hate us.But had a hilarious laugh with CBC tonight trying to play my Grandad's violin so CBC could practice accompanying me for a GCSE recital on Grade 6 pieces- I scraped and slid my way through pieces. And then, as CBC hijacked the violin, I tried my Lidl bagpipes after Steph/ven told me how to put the reed in the chanter- I could manage a rather party-popperesque squeak but there will be no Highland fling here!
When Bob came to preach here for the first time, we were packing on the Saturday morning and could only find one of his black shoes. We had to go and buy a new pair for him to wear. I was not happy about that! I refused to throw the remaining shoe away until the day we moved- everything was packed and the 'mate' never re-appeared. So reluctantly I put it in the wheelie bin at the last minute. If I ever unpack a box and find the other shoe...
ReplyDeleteOh no! That's terrible! I sincerely hope that shoe doesn't turn up! I can't believe you didn't find a crafty use for the Cinderella remainder!x
DeleteI love your shoe stories and you're a good story teller.
ReplyDeleteThe vintage dress looks so comfy and your rainbow shoes are real attention grabber.
I'm glad the rain didn't shrunk it. It would have been a tragedy since you wanted them so much.
I'm afraid that I don't have many shoes as I have huge bunions on both my feet. It's difficult finding shoes that fit that doesn't hurt my feet.
Take care,
Hugs,
JB
Why thank you! I like to ramble when I tell a story!
DeleteIt IS comfy just has an unfortunate rip. I am So glad they didn't shrink- I would have been SO annoyed it so!
Ouch, the bunions sound dreadful!!! Poor you, there is nothing more uncomfortable to live with daily than hurting feet.
xx
You look so lovely in this fab dress! I was a teenager in the 70's, so I'm lovin' it! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteThank you! You grew up in a great era!x
DeleteI love that dress, what a great find! I'm glad your other shoe turned up too. That's too funny about the man who forgot his shoes so both men shared a pair. Nice guy, to lend his shoe!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yes, it was kind though I do think they were daft!x
DeleteGroovy! What a fun and pretty dress. I think it is mostly the shoes that give me a nice flashback to one of my favorite 70's television shows, Mork and Mindy. You make quite a fetching Mindy :) Just a side note, any post with the words "stockinged feet" I am a big fan of. Glad you enjoyed my kettle shot. They really caught my eye too. Tea time! xo
ReplyDeleteAll Things Bright and Lovely
I remember Mork and Mindy but not what Mindy wore! I loved Robin Williams! Nanu nanu. Ha, you and your tights thing!
DeleteThe sun was glorious and the poses were dumb...excellent!
ReplyDeleteGreat thinking to wear the vest over the dress until the elves come to mend it.
Funny shoe story too. I wouldn't be bothered seeing weird shoes on stage; I'd probably insist on it. But I'd be fired as well, not that I can play an instrument concert-worthy anyway. I'm glad you found your runaway!
Yes, I frequently feel dumb- I was better at posing when I first blogged!
DeleteI know it probably would have been alright but I was a guest player so I felt self-conscious!x
Owning the shoes was definitely meant to be, thank goodness the lost shoe was found.
ReplyDeleteI love the dress and the whole 70s feel it has.
Definitely wouldn't have just worn one shoe, that is weirder than no shoes!
Lisa x
INdeed! Thank you!
DeleteEXACTLY, it IS weirder!x
I think my husband would be having a more hilarious time if he had married someone musical instead of someone who has made it abundantly clear that she really cannot write emails when he is experimenting with his favourite new chord right next to the computer.... I think he needs some rainbow shoes.
ReplyDeleteOh dear! I think he needs rainbow shoes too!
DeleteThat dress looks great, you really suit red. I've heard "the 1970s are in" that many times since Saturday i feel like packing my clothes away and wearing another era until the fad is over - I don't want to look like everyone else!
ReplyDeleteLove those shoes.
I remember going out in my beloved purple Converse back in the 1980s and being refused entry to a nightclub. A prostitute working on a nearby corner offered to lend me her stilettos so I could get in so we swapped footwear and met up hours later to swap back. xxx
I did wonder if you'd say that! I am really not one to follow a fad just because it's a fad but I DO like the 70's so hearing all that from bloggers did remind me of this dress!x
DeleteYOUR story is HILARIOUS! How on earth did it come about? Who initiated that one!!x
She sounds a very kind lady!x
DeleteDear Kezzie, I simply loooved the stories! The one shoe-stories, so funny! Your rainbow shoes are amazing and so good you found it! I meant, once on Asos and then the next day! Hahaha, really good and funny story! I looove the 70s, the era I mostly love together with the 50s - then Victorian times and 1920s too. Well, I have many many clothes in the 70s style, my choice - I always buy some pieces when I find them. You look absolutely lovely and beautiful in this amazing dress, and I tell you, your outfit is a thousand times more beautiful than Cara's. I really prefer yours! As for shoe-stories... ah, many. The latest one, I was running from the parking lot to the airport - really running to get the bus to the gate. Then I noticed that my pink shoes were... one in my bag, one where? I had to run the way back to find it on the floor. And may shoes I mailed when I moved from Germany, to find that I only got one foot of some pairs. Very sad!
ReplyDeleteDenisesPlanet.com
Thank you Denise! Yes, I agree- the 70's has a bit of all the good eras plus its own vibe! You do have lots of 70's vibe clothing and I love it! I like mine better than Cara's too- her blouse looks itchy!
DeleteOh no, what a shame losing the shoe!x
A great look... and the shoes are fabulous. Jx
ReplyDeleteMerci!x
DeleteGreat look Kezzie, aww I love the rainbow on your shoes :) x
ReplyDeleteI know, I really loved the rainbow!x
DeleteThat dress is lovely I do love the print x
ReplyDeleteThat dress is lovely I do love the print x
ReplyDeleteThank you! Me too!x
DeleteI haven't really been able to get on board with the 70's thing but I love this. It's much more me than the flares etc! I like the cardigan you have added too.
ReplyDeleteOh I LOVE flares! I really do but I love most 70's items!x
DeleteHaha, oh I have many shoes related silly stories. A heel snapping off completely on the way to church one Christmas and me having to hobble home to change and run back to church. I also snapped a heel one day as I was walking through an industrial estate out of Uni, my mate laughed at me the whole way home. I also walked barefoot in snow so as not to ruin my satin shoes and walked the length of Oxford Street when my feet had swollen on the plane and I couldn't get my shoes back on, to buy another pair. I also used to take my shoes off in London if it was wet and I had these leather soled shoes that were ridiculously slippy in tube stations, so other than break my neck I had no choice. Escalators and bare feet though OUCH!
ReplyDeleteOh my!!!! You trump my stories!!!! You are a true shoe carer!!!x
DeleteThat dress is just fabulous! Love the shoes!
ReplyDeleteAlena & http://garmentsspeech.blogspot.com
Oh my - what a fun post! I'm trying to imagine that practice session with you and your hubby :) I love that dress. The '70s was my growing up decade; I graduated high school in '81. I thought our fashions were horrible. I remember hip-hugger bell-bottom double-knit polyester plaid pants (red and white)! Yuck! Everything was thick scratchy polyester, it seems. But your dress is very lovely. What a nice shape and drape it has! And the shoes are adorable. Happy spring!
ReplyDeleteThat dress looks great on you! I too am enjoying the '70s revival. My mum used to have a dress similar to yours.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, my blog has moved to www.porcelinasworld.com, please update your bloglovin if you want to continue following it!
x
Fab dress :)
ReplyDeleteI have no funny shoe stories, though i was partial to wearing a broken Indian bell bracelet on one of my cowboy boots when I was a teen. A friend of mine HATED this because I jingled when I walked. One foot silent and then jingle, silent, jingle, it drove him potty! So I just wore more bells to annoy him as he was so harsh about how I dressed, I felt I just had to antagonise him further x