
I received some sweet presents from kind people. I hadn't asked for anything- there are things I'd like but I don't like to ask really and was trying not to acquire more, I have more than enough than I could ever need. I received: some beautiful patterned bowls from CBC which I have long admired as pretty in Waitrose with some nice cooking oils- sesame seed and Tamari; a Scrabble mug and mint tea from N; some tea mugs, hairclips, green tea and a Grumpy Carebear onesie from my Mum; £50 ASOS voucher from WOMOTM, some nice pens and a sudoko book from my work colleague, a red sparkly beaded bracelet from my friend M, some soaps from my Godmother. I also received some pretty cards in the post too!
CBC made me a lovely fried breakfast and I had read my book in bed.
We headed off at about 2pm with N towards Colchester to go to Leisureworld which I previously mentioned is a fun swimming pool. We had great fun with flumes, lazy rivers, rapids and the suchlike. Later, we headed back to N's house where he made pancakes and had lots of snacks and watched Cuban Fury with Nick Frost which was brilliant. I even managed to spot my Mum in it as she was an extra! It was a nice chilled day and I had great fun so thanks to CBC and N for accompanying me.

Since it was a special day I decided to wear a new dress I'd bought some weeks ago with a Debenhams voucher- I'd wanted a galaxy skirt for ages but found this Red Herring galaxy dress for £7.70 in the sale which I thought was a good deal! I almost got locked in at Debenhams Chelmsford for it!

It obviously was crying out to be a TARDIS Tuesday item since the opening credits of Doctor Who feature the space/time vortex and numerous scenes of the galaxy exploding are integral parts of the programme and storylines.

What to wear it with though? Well, it was obviously a wintry day so I added a black polo neck underneath and my ubiquitous black opaque tights. How to finish the look? Well, since the whole outfit was about stars and the galaxy, it seemed necessary to wear my gold sparkly crown that Crown and Glory sent me as my birthday present as part of my Glitterati box this month. I can't help but think it alludes to The Angels take Manhattan, a Matt Smith Doctor Who episode in which the Statue of Liberty comes alive and is after Rory and Amy. It is very StatueofLibertyesque!

The final touches were: my hand-painted star boots and the piece-de-resistance- a working telescope necklace I bought a while back- star-gazing anyone?


Linking to TARDIS Tuesday and Creative Mondays and Hat Attack
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you've had a lovely weekend. The galaxy dress is fantastic! I've just tried to find one for myself, but it's sold out now sadly.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great birthday Kezzie. Love the outfit x
ReplyDeleteI hope you had an amazing birthday Kezzie, it looks like you did and your dress is gorgeous - as soon as I saw it I thought of Doctor Who and star-gazing. I definitely have a thing for astronomy and the night-sky :D That necklace is amazing too and goes so wonderfully with your dress. - Tasha
ReplyDeleteBelated birthday wishes Kezzie! x
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! No, I don't think that feeling ever changes.
ReplyDeleteAwesomesauce! Happy, happy birthday, my friend! You look 34 years young and going strong. I say embrace the Peter Pan syndrome and never grow up. And keep wearing that dress because OMG! Brilliant! :D
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Kezzie!! So sorry I missed it- I feel awful! YOU, on the other hand, look wonderful. That outfit is incredible and your birthday sounds like so much fun! I now want to rewatch Cuban Fury to try and spot your Mum xxx
ReplyDeleteBelated birthday wishes... it looks like you had a great day! Jx
ReplyDeleteHappiest of birthday greetings! I'm glad you had fun!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Miss Universe xx
ReplyDeleteHappy happy birthday lovely lady! That is one of the most fantastic dresses I have ever seen and is perfect for you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated birthday Kezzie, hope you had a great day :) you look lovely, what a beautiful dress..Glad you got lot of lovely present ..
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Kezzie .... sounds like a brilliant day. The telescope necklace is fab - just perfect for the rest of the outfit. I wish I had your panache :) Have a wonderful year to come.
ReplyDeleteFil
Celestial beauty! Your last photo is art. How lovely to be showered with loving gifts on your birthday, plus, breakfast in bed. Aaaah. And swimming. Happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday Kezzie. You looks just so sweet in that outfit. I'm so glad that you had a great birthday and that you were showered with lots of gifts.. Please stay young for as long as you can.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week.
Hugs,
JB
Ah, the truth is out. I never would have thought you were even in your 30s - you are young in heart and spirit and have such fresh style. Happy Birthday, Lady Liberty!
ReplyDeleteA cute and spacey Statue of Liberty! I am so glad you had such a great birthday, dear. And equally glad you still feel 12 inside. Hold onto that, I know I do. xo
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, you star! It sounds like a wonderful day and those preesies are fabulous. xxx
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to you! How cute is that telescope necklace!
ReplyDeletexxx
Happy Birthday Beautiful X
ReplyDeleteBest Dr Who outfit ever! Lots of happy birthday wishes to you.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
Oh no, I missed it! And I have the card you sent and made yourself last year, on my bedside table!!!! I will frame it! And now I missed your birthday... I am sorry... but I am so glad that you had a great birthday! And you went to Colchester and had fun with CBC! I loved the bowls, by the way! I think you look so beautiful and the outfit is so much fun, with the crown! Doctor Who inspired, so nice star-boots! I loved your pictures and I hope you have a new year full of fun! (In astrology the year begins after birthday :) I could tell you were a Pisces!!!! So sensitive and sweet!
ReplyDeleteDenisesPlanet.com
That dress is gorgeous - happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteLizzie Dripping
Happy Birthday! Your ensemble is perfect for celebrating your special day. I adore your sparkly crown and your creativity. Thank you for sharing with Hat Attack!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! You look like a stand in for the Statue of Liberty : )
ReplyDeletebisous
Suzanne
http://www.suzannecarillo.com
Happy birthday! I think I'm most in awe of the telescope necklace - so cool that it actually works!
ReplyDeleteWell hello there, Ms Universe :) fashion without fun is not fashion, it is the mundane act of getting dressed so as not to be written up for indecent exposure. That crown is the epitome of how to look refreshingly charming with a healthy dose of tongue-in-cheek chic :)
ReplyDeleteA telescope necklace? How utterly fabulous and it works too?!! Happy Birthday. I am almost a year older than you, I turn 35 in May. It does sound really old!! I love the galaxy dress and that crown is so amazing. x x x
ReplyDeleteTo answer your first question - NO, it never does change. I'm 52 and still feel like I'm in my early 20s, and I've felt that age since I WAS that age :)
ReplyDeleteBelated happy birthday! That dress is awesome and swimming pool with flumes on your birthday? That's a win for sure, I love pools like that! :-) xx
ReplyDelete