Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hearts and flowers

I'm sorry, I really don't have anything interesting to say. I've felt a bit like that this week-hence the fact you got two outfit posts in close together and then another one. I like to keep things varied and I like posting daily but I'm not feeling the book review, craft post needs to come after Mothers Day, Blog love post doesn't feel finished, one draft still not got the other part done,  What is it? done yesterday, no particular school anecdotes; two restaurant write ups which I have no desire to finish, photos of cooking on camera can't be bothered to upload them and so on. Am I having a day of blogging ennui? Who knows!  Anyway, thus what follows from here on was a draft post which I have preceded with what seems a bit of a self-indulgent blog moan. It wasn't intentional, I just was feeling I didn't like posting ANOTHER outfit. But it's the most written post so here we go:

heart coord coord 3 coord 2

A while back when it was my birthday weekend, we went out to a dinner party at a friend's house. She lives in Eltham and she made an amazing feast having 3 courses and the main being a Chinese feast of at least 8 dishes (she is of Chinese origin)! I had worn my 1st Debenhams January sale purchase the day before so I decided to wear the other the next day. I had seen those coord dresses around and thought they were great but not really been wanting to shell out money for one. So, seeing one in the H by Henry Holland 70% off sale rack (with voucher in bag), I was rather chuffed. I thought it a really unusual and striking pattern and I liked the way it looked like a dress and top. What do you think of coords? I decided to add my pewter Hush Puppies shoes- these were the first high-heeled shoes I'd ever bought as an adult that looked high  after forgetting black shoes for a concert in a church (Oh look, another shoe anecdote!) and borrowed a girl's size 8 hig-heeled Aldo court shoes (I couldn't believe she shared my size!), discovering some heels WERE comfortable and hunting for some.They are decidedly comfy for heels. I tried to add my Crown and glory heart fascinator.
  Bad hair accessories

 I say tried. I seem to have an issue getting combs to stay in my hair! Or putting them in anywhere that looks right. Do I have an odd-shaped head??? This came in February's Glitterati box and whilst I love it, it's not exactly every day wear. Nor am I remotely skilled at getting it to stay in my hair. I finally got it to stay in and then went out into the wind. It refused to go back in after I'd wrestled it out of my hair. It really was windy- I thought I'd share the aborted attempts at Fascinator closeups for your amusement- it really wasn't happening was it. And then I discovered in the top right picture, that my top made a great parachute in the wind! bad hair day


Thanks for your lovely kind comments and general being fabulous! You lot are the best!

xx

17 comments:

  1. That is a lovely dress Kezzie. I popped a dress on today as it was lovely outside, hubby said I need a holiday as I have pale legs!! I( got cold and needed my tights) told him he has to pay for one then :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty in your new dress and I love how the shoes sparkle at your feet. I always admire what you call coords and I think we call something else but I don't remember what. I can't wear them though. I don't feel right in them. I think your head looks a lovely shape and your fascinator suits you! I have troubles with combs in my hair too because my hair is very slippery. Belated Happy Birthday to you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is really lovely Kezzie,and I just love how you modelled it in the third photo.
    You're getting good at taking timed photos.

    I used to blog everyday but like so many, I only blog occasionally now.

    Take care and enjoy the simple things in life.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try spraying a bit of hairspray onto the comb immediately before you plug the fascinator into your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya, sister. I feel like this often. Don't feel pressure to blog until you want to. The outfit is nice. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That outfit is super adorable and the flower in the hair is the cherry on top...if cherries were flowers...which they're not....right? Not withstanding the scientific accuracy of my metaphor, you look lovely! I do enjoy your quirky fun posts of utter randomness (as a regular at my blog you know I value randomness.) But at my most honest my favorite posts are the ones where you feature those gorgeous legs in tights. Always brings me so much joy and makes my night so amazing. Tonight was certainly no exception to that :) Wow!! As for bad hair day and all that, ok so A) There is no such thing anymore, the blown away look is SO in and B) You are super cute no matter what wildness your locks inflict upon you. Now to go look up this cherry thing :) Thank you for the amazing pictures!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all get days/weeks like that when it comes to blogging, I know I do! I hope it passes soon, I for one love reading what you have to say.

    I'm really enjoying this outfit, the dress is gorgeous and you've accessorised to perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is lovely, I've never heard of coords before, what is it?
    Everyone needs a break from blogging, if you aren't feeling it then take a bit of time off. We'll be here when your enthusiasm returns! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely dress, just my kind of colours....beautiful!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Kezzie, there are days like this, or these... when we don't feel like writing or saying anything... but all comes back somehow! It may be the weather or the many things we have to do in life... or even a friend that hurts us (It is happening to me, but I try not to think of it... she must have her own "numb days", I suppose). But it will come back, the enthusiasm to write again! I think it's always a cycle, a phase. As for your outfit, so sweet! I would totally wear it - a bit longer for me, you know my legs are like logs :) But you have the right figure for that and it looks lovely! You look so cute, so beautiful in the "fascinator's pictures" :) I never wore one, but I am always eager to! The shoes, first heels as an adult (I loved that!) are really so cute! I love pewter and Hush Puppies! I think you look exquisite, as usual, dear Kezzie and I am sure next week we will have many things to learn from you - the writing feeling will be back for sure!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been feeling the same, lately. A combination of feeling poorly this week has meant not many outfit photos taken as I've not felt like it, so less to choose from. No new purchases to show because of spending ban and lack of wages. So I've been scratting around for what to post about this weekend.
    I love the outfit and the heart fascinator. I have this same problem. Some days my hair seems to not even allow hair grips to stay in, I really struggle with getting things like fascinators to stay in place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the plum colors, Kezzie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Kezzie! I know exactly how you feel about blogging--often times, I have plenty of material and things to say, but have a difficult time actually posting. Hoping this ennui doesn't last long for you!

    I really love your pretty dress and how well it matches your hair accessory. Spring is a coming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:37 pm

    Nice dress.

    You blog more regularly than most. Don't worry about a spot of the glums (or as Victor Hugo called them, les miserables)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah, I know how it feels when everything is just a little off, and you don't have much to say... But that's fine! Keep going, post an outfit, acknowledge "I feel a bit blah" and before you know it, you're back on form! Gorgeous frock and fascinator, such a great colour on you - you'd never know you aren't feeling the love ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colours on you Kezzie, you really suit them. I'm slowly coming around to co-ords. My only help with combs is that you need to put them in the opposite way and they seem to grip more on the turn back, than if you just combed it into the direction of the hair. You never seem to get an exact placement of where you'd like it...that's why I prefer clips! I've been struggling for words this week too. This blogging every day thing has taken it's toll I think. I can blether about shoes, but struggle on 'nothing'! Sure we'll be better next week x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous10:35 am

    I love the colour of this dress, it's gorgeous.
    I have a funny relationship with blogging, I want to do it because I enjoy it but often feel I have nothing of value to offer.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)