Thursday, August 07, 2014

Camping snapshots

Camping is one of the joys I enjoy pretty much every summer. Last year I missed it due to getting married
so it was doubly wonderful to get back there this year after a 2 year break (aside from the odd weekend)

Here are some snapshots and highlights from my week.
Camping 2014 collage 1
1. Being surrounded by rampant, wonderful, overgrown greenery- trees and plants in abundance providing fresh air.

2. One of the many beautiful flowers on the site- here was just after a rain storm with the dancing fuscia bathed in droplets.  Put me in mind of our Hoffnung performance on the Wednesday night where yours truly danced fake Irish dancing to 'Lord of the dance'!!!

3. A blessedly wasp-free camp- this critter was the ONLY one I saw all week.  Pity the gnats weren't so polite-I scratched my feet to shreds!

4. More beautiful examples of flowers.

5. A red kite swooped down low over my tent.

6. A new eccentric addition to the 'art' around camp- this was a handmade prop from an opera!

7. A historic and beautiful setting-love the foliage growing in the barn.

8. A look up at the roof above the eating barn.

9. Wonderful stone cottages.


Camping 2014 collage 2
10. A myriad amazing meals were enjoyed by the musicians.

11 and 12.  My er-creative use of a sarong, brandy-glass with water, 2 music stands, magnets, mini-table and chair with some pencil led to my musical fortune-telling booth for the fair we held.  It was quite funny being the eccentric lady of camp. What do you mean, I ALREADY AM?????

13. Another creative addition to the Fair- a human fruit machine. I was too busy telling 'fortunes' (you shall be asked to play Wagner on 3 occasions- avoid at all costs! Beethoven is your lucky composer!) to tell you how it worked but much raucous laughter emitted from that region so I presume it was very funny!

14.  My reputation proceeds me. A 12year old BOUNDED up to me on the first day to see what earrings I was wearing and was disappointed to hear my lego earrings had broken (she hasn't seen me for 2 years-HOW did she remember!??!!) but was pleased to hear I had an eccentric collection of jewellery for her to see including rolo and Scrabble earrings! Who am I to disappoint my audience?! (by this point, most of it had been put into various washbags or pockets so this was all I had left by Sunday!)

15. Yep,the  loom-band fad has spread even to camp. I purchased this rather fabulous rainbow one  from a cute 7 year old at the fair!  Oh and you can just see 'Death comes to Pemberley' on my knee- I read 3 books over the week- great ones- reviews to come!

16.  Hideous assortment of prints. Spotty wellies combined with chevron-print trousers with a nasty gold and black print lame-tunic was my costume as Madame Sforzandi, musical-fortune teller extraordinaire!

17.  Our home for 10 days- hideously hard ground despite our thermarests!

18. As we all know, I am not the perfect housewife or indeed pristine-blogger- this scene of chaos and degradation was the porch of our tent- yes, that would be my entire wardrobe strewn over the floor.
Camping 2014 collage 3
19. Oh yes, we also played some music! I loved the sight of gargantuan Bass drum beaters juxtaposed with modest-sized glockenspiel beaters.

20. Yep, even our inner tent was a mess!

21.  Cricket match on the green- great fun and I hit the ball quite far- pity I was caught out!

22.  Music 6+ hours a  day plus chamber-music if you want it! Exhausting but I love it!


So that's my whistlestop tour of the week!  What have you been up to?
xxx

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week and a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy! It looks fun, though! How cute that you were remembered for your snazzy earrings!
    Are you getting any sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely time. I only went to camp once, church camp, and was so scared and lonely away from home I got very ill. Reading a children's Bible I had brought helped me turn it around and I ended up having an OK time. Never went back though. Your camp looks much better. Mancini is my lucky composer (ah Henry!) and The Human Fruit Machine sounds like an OK if completely random nickname :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a long time since I last went camping! Your trip looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a great adventure. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that looks right up your street, Kezzie - loads to enjoy!
    And there I was, thinking that black/gold lame number looked rather groovy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love #14! So sweet. We're camping this weekend and next, I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely collection of photos, I haven't been camping for three years or so and I'm really keen to go again, but time and money are in short supply as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kezzie, I think I've been to this camp. I don't know how much you want to reveal on your blog about your whereaboutses (I've only just found your blog and have only read a couple of posts!) but I must know if that camp is the one I think it is. I went quite a few times when I was a teenager, if so!! We must discuss this further! (so many exclamation marks, crumbs...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful weekend full of all you like the most.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)