Thank you for your lovely spate of kind comments. It's always really lovely in the summer- everything looks beautiful in sunshine and nature itself is just beautiful. I've joined in with Greenthumb's Monthly challenge and some of them felt a bit difficult...
August's List
W is for?

Waterfalls. lots of them (head back here for a further post on the beautiful Skradinski Buk waterfalls in the Krka national park where you can see much more than this!)
5pm

I'm pretty sure it was about 4.30pm at this point but it's as close to 5pm as I could get. This is the world famous Southend pier which is a mile long in the distance, behind Adventure Island, formerly known as Peter Pan's Playground (at least it was called that when I last went about 22 years ago!). I spent the day there with my sisters and niece.
Everyday

I drink tea in copious quantities every day, night and day. It is the norm for me to make more than one cup for myself. CBC calls me the 'Tea Police' as I am very strict if I find...undrunk tea!
As I took this photo, and thought about it all month, I predicted that many of us will post pictures of cups of tea!
Centered

I know it said 'Centered/centred' but these windows at St Mary's Chare, Hexham were so UN-centered, they merited attention! Unusual on a building.
Peace

The things people do to get a bit of peace!!! Reader spotted on Rannerdale knotts!
Ball

At the Slaley show, someone exhibited this cactus with er-ball-shaped things (babies)! Snigger...
Luggage

Oh, the crazy opportunity I missed onboard the boat to Korcula- everyone had dumped their luggage in a massive heap!However, I found the luggage of this man in the restaurant rather sweet. Rubbish photo but I was trying to be subtle!
Under
The rollercoaster car appears to be defying gravity, under the track at Adventure Island, Southend which I visited with my two sisters and niece. SO glad I did not have to go on this one!
It also seemed like the snail was also defying gravity, hanging under the leaf
On your shelf

CBC has NOT commented on the hats on top of the bookshelf. They've been there quite a while. I'm wondering why. Is he just aware that they have to go SOMEWHERE and at least they're out of the way, or he just hasn't noticed them, or some other inexplicable reason. I really should sort the hats into summer/Autumn/Winter but as things currently stand, anything that isn't a wooly or soft hat (these are neatly organised into a large plastic box) are all higgeldy-piggeldy in several locations around the house- the hat shelf in a cupboard, hanging on the end of curtain rails, on the floor of the study, shoved into the secret cupboard.
I like the fact that these hats are sitting near to my Alexander McCall Smith collection- two things I love close together!
Oh and if you think my luuage is a little tenuous, then you can spy the luggage to the left that I am to take to school on Tuesday...
Something you do everyday


...Encounter my husband doing something daft! Impressive Arabesque though!
Glitter
You have a couple of choices here:

Either the beautiful glittery beetle I spotted by the river Allen (Louise please can you tell me its proper name?!) or the glittering reflection of the sun on Lake Crummock water:

Sunglass(es)

Bright sunglasses, spotted in Croatia
If you'd like to join in (and I suggest you do, it's great!), here's the list for September:
September"s List
S is for?
2pm
Car Park
Hat
In the mirror
Garden
Lock
Nails
Lamp
Street sign
Game
Out side your window
The waterfall pic is my fave, followed perilously close by the snail under the leaf. What fun!
ReplyDeleteThe unspoken pile of hats is my favourite. I wonder why they haven't been mentioned? x
ReplyDeleteHi , I love your set of photos..a little different which I like.
ReplyDeleteThe waterfall is amazing, is the little dog in side the bag..!
Amanda xx
Yes he was! We couldn't believe he sat there in that tiny rucksack for half an hour!!! X
DeleteThanks for taking part in this months scavenger hunt. I really like your photos of W, sunglasses, and I just love the photo of luggage. Greenthumb
ReplyDeleteOf course, please do
ReplyDeleteJoin us
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
This is a brilliant post. The waterfall is epic. The windows-really odd. The reader (!) The cactus a little crazy! I enjoy a good cup of tea too and always FINISH it all! I'm not keen on upside down rides, bleugh. Beetle is beautiful despite me hating creepies. Great pictures Kezzie.
ReplyDeleteYou have taken some fantastic pictures. Definitely made me want to go travelling.
ReplyDeleteLizzie's Daily Blog
Thanks Lizzie! I wanted to leave you a comment on your blog (and tried) but it wanted me to sign up for Google+ which I want to avoid at all costs! I've followed though, so hope I can somehow do something to comment!
DeleteYour husband is funny! Great shots!
ReplyDeleteFantastic idea for a post and if you don't mind I'm going to pinch the idea for the September one! I'm a tad jealous of your hat collection but thats mostly because I cant wear hats; they make me look like a French tourist even though I'm from Belfast. C'est la vie. Oh and the cactus picture made me laugh :)
ReplyDeleteHurrah, the more the merrier!
DeleteHa, you're the first one to mention the cactus- I thought there'd be more sniggering!
CBC should definitely become a ballerina. I love that you're the Tea Police and make more than one cup- no messing about re-boiling the kettle! Excellent mugs too :)
ReplyDeleteI love Southend pier/fairground- it looks to me like a proper fairground should. Especially the helter skelter.
I reckon you should hang all of your hats on nails on one of your walls, as an art display - that way you can see them all to choose one every day! xxx
Actually, I'd been thinking of getting some of those Ikea adhesive coloured blob hooks as we are both allergic to DIY involving nails and screwdrivers!
DeleteGreat collection! I liked CBC for something you do everyday! It's a bit hard to see it properly, but your 'glitter bug' could be a green dock beetle perhaps? Some kind of leaf or flea beetle anyway.
ReplyDeleteoh and the swallowtail was just an educated guess - they're the kind of butterfly everyone wants to see! Do you know we have them in England too? I'm not sure which county but I know it's somewhere south, oh possibly Norfolk now I think about it? . British swallowtails look slightly different to the European ones, but only slightly - one species is paler than the other I think.
ReplyDeleteI always love your crazy entries! All of them are great but I love the rollercoaster (though wouldn't want to be on it!), sunglasses and your mad husband! Also just saw on your profile that you love Slipper and the Rose! One of my fave films - I always always cry as she sings as she's leaving in her Scottish widow cape - sob! x
ReplyDeleteHa, me too! When I was doing my PGCE, I took to watching it every weekend and I cried every time!x
DeleteGreat collection!
ReplyDeleteCultureandtrend
Great idea for posts! Haha "Something you do everyday" is my favorite.
ReplyDeleteMiranda
Little Gold Pocket Watch
Lovely pictures Kezzie,, love the pile of hats, doggie in the bag and the cactus :-) beautiful waterfall too...
ReplyDeleteI thought you were Above sniggering at phallic cacti! That's the kind of thing I do! I've just caught up with all your holiday posts. It looks amazing. Not somewhere I'd ever thought about going but I will add it to my 'when the children have left home ' list.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed a lot this post with amazing pictures of yours!
ReplyDeleteFabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???
What a fantastic set of photos! I tried to choose a favourite but there were way too many!
ReplyDeleteYou're not going to be short of a photo for 'hat' for the September list....