When I recently posted my nostalgic tale of the Big Feast that had no chocolate block- Ang told me of the opposite experience when she had a Breakaway bar that was all chocolate and no biscuit. That reminded me of the times I ate a Kitkat to discover it had no wafer in it and was purely chocolate. My Step-dad at that time told me that such kitkats were special and if you sent them back to Nestle, you would be sent lots of kitkats in return. Somehow though, despite the lure of potentially extra chocolate, I didn't try it- instead, I ate that entire kitkat. Another Christmas, the Milkman started doing Christmas hampers and special chocolate boxes etc and as a one-off, very special treat that year, we ordered a metal tin (kitkat logo) full of kitkats. And lo and behold, in that tin, around about 8 of them were pure chocolate- Kitkat misfits. And his words came back to us in speech and in memory but somehow, we still didn't send any back, eating them quickly. I sometimes wonder whether we would have received lots of Kitkats? And if I ever got another all-chocolate kitkat, would I still do the same? My childhood best-friend and her sister bought some salad gums from Tescos and there were teethmarks in some of the sweets, so they sent them back and as well as a voucher for a new bag, they received an entire cardboard box full of Tescos sweets! I couldn't believe it at the time!
Have you ever received substandard confectionery and sent it back? Did you get a reaction/refund/bonus hamper?
xx
I thought those kitkats looked familiar!
ReplyDeleteNope, not had any defective ones but then I don't really eat many choccy bars x
I love kitkats but can't eat them anymore because of the gluten. I've never sent any chocolates back and received more but I did have a co-worker die from anaphylaxis after eating a Breakaway bar. It's not related but Breakaway no longer seems to be sold in Canada.
ReplyDeleteIf a kitkat was off, or defective I'd send it back. Pure chocolate or just misshapen and it's MINE! Same with any food stuff! xx
ReplyDeleteI had one all chocolate, and I ate it too :) no way would I part with my chocolate hehe :) Happy Friday Kezzie...
ReplyDeleteNo, but my sister recently had a crisp with a hair in it and has sent it back to Walkers.
ReplyDeleteYou seem to attract freak sweets! I've had a few bars that were misshapen, but I don't think I've ever had something actually missing. Or extra chocolate - that would be lovely!
ReplyDeleteDear Kezzie!!!!! I'm sorry I was away for so many weeks - but if you read the latest post you will know why (and I told you!) I thiiiink... I missed your birthday... I have to check it with you! Well, now I'll be on the web more often, promise! Hope you are fine! Well... returning sweets???? Oh nooo! But it happened once. I bought two chocolate boxes and they were melting (the liquor inside), disgusting. I wanted to leave it that way and just forget about it, but my friend said "no! Let's get the refund! It's fair!" :) So, we did that. But I still preferred melted chocolate :) denisesplanet com
ReplyDeleteI've heard of things like this before but, like you, I think I'd find it impossible to put an unfinished bar of chocolate into an envelope and post it, rather than scoff it all anyway. xxx
ReplyDeleteI must admit KIt Kats are ok but I am not a massive fan...there are a lot more chocolate bars I like, I do like the mint and orange ones though but I find the plain ones boring! I would always send something back if it was not right lol x
ReplyDelete