Thursday, May 15, 2014

10 reasons to be thankful: May 14th

I haven't done one of these posts for a while but they are an extension of my daily gratefulness!

1.  Oh, for the sunshine! It was so nice to come to school in sunshine, stay in sunshine and go home in sunshine.

2. Lovely well behaved classes who listen.  There's a year 4 class who always listen, work hard and well are a pleasure to teach! I have an annoying year 3 class on Wednesday morning who are very tiresome in their listening skills and it's always nice to have the 'anti-class' of that one, if you know what I mean, to balance them out in the afternoon.  The reception class are also lovely and the other year 3's aren't so bad, so I am pretty lucky really.

3.  Mmm, having the foresight to buy Covent Garden soups on Special offer before half term and shove them in the school freezer so I have lunch for about 8 days! Just got to remember to defrost the day before.

4.  There is now chocolate back in the snack-box (er, 4 100g gram bars to be precise. And marshmallows and prawn crackers).  Thank you Lidl for your cheap confectionery!

5.  Having provided myself with fruity breakfasts for the last couple of days to eat on the train.  Makes a difference! Strawberries make me feel so fresh in the mornings (fresh as in bright and breezy, not the American film definition!)

6. My Venus-sleep trap husband.  I was really really cross with him when I got home from school and we sulked for a while but then he was lying on the sofa and I went to hug him and then somehow fell asleep!

7.  The fact he is actually a little weird and eccentric like me! He might deny it but he also is mad as a swing bin!

8.  A clean home, good health, space for everything I need, a healthy distance to work so I get to walk 3 miles each day (I'm saying this positively in the summer. Penpals know the winter story!) AND I get to walk past a lake full of ducks, geese and moorhens! .

9.  Always something to look forward to: this year it includes weddings, music camp, a canal-boat trip and then the lovely daily things like letters from penpals.

10. Being able to help my little sister this week- she has a PGCE interview next week and has to give a presentation so I talked at her for an hour and a half last night!

10. This little space where I may waffle to my heart's content and you lot actually read it and say nice things to me! Thank you!


What are you thankful for today, this week, this month?

xx

7 comments:

  1. "Mad as a swing bin" - I love that expression!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, nicely-written post. We should all have your attitude. I'm grateful for my blogging-buddies -- like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I am thankful that my mom is coming back into town this weekend after being gone for almost a month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, it's always good to look around at your life and find lots to love in it. Good for you, Kezzie! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're not grumpy anymore. I'm thankful for lovely little romantic gestures which have been happening to try and cheer me up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunshine makes everything better! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely ditto on the sunshine and snack box goodies. I'm thankful for my health and incredibly, beyond-words thankful for that miracle suncream I discovered last year. I was out in the sun all weekend doing things in the garden and didn't even get slightly burnt (I used to have to sit inside/in the shade ALL THE TIME). Yay for getting to feel sun on my skin; I'm as happy as a lizard. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)