However, CBC and I decided, since various supermarket proseccos were on special offer, we would try some for the wedding toasts. We thus purchased 4 bottles from Waitrose, Tescos, Aldi and er- Waitrose and invited some friends over to taste them!

We set some Carrs water biscuits out for in between neutralizing and then began.
Up first was the Tescos San something or other at the second cheapest price.
A good start- it was fruity and for me, it didn't make me wince- a good start.
Then Waitrose with the green label. This didn't get the grimace but nor did it get a smile.
Aldi, mooted by others as fine, was utter ming for me
Finally, the more expensive Waitrose one was neither here nor there. Meh, in other words.
We then tried swigging them. At which point, I was suddenly aware that my head was spinning.
In the end, Waitrose more expensive won, but I am working to try and get him to go for a slightly cheaper option which came second.
As various factions got changed out of the cycling garb above (they'd just returned from a ride. I was so envious!), we decided to walk into town to go and have fish and chips. CBC found it hilarious that I was a little giggly.
In the park, as 3 zoomed ahead (I thought I was a speedy walker!), having had bad light in my own garden, I demanded CBC took shots as I have not been in the mood to blog this week (not a bad mood but not really in a bloggy mind)



I have culled a lot of clothes this week. My sister has had some, the charity shops and clothing banks had more and 2 church friends had some. I was tempted to say goodbye to this blouse not because I don't love it, because I do- it has a slight cutesy Japanese feel to it in my mind (don't know why, it just does) but as it is silk, I felt that perhaps I am too lazy to take the good care of it that it deserves and I could imagine a teenager at church looking lovely in it. However, I thought I'd give it a spin before. It was brand new from Barnados. The skirt (really dress)- Monsoon, shoes- Cath Kidston, cardie (DKNY present from sister). Necklace, put together by me (cross bead from DIY beads) and mini-egg earrings-(put together by me, also from DIY beads)

In town, we bought our fish and chips and took it back to the park to eat it! It always tastes better outside!
Amazingly, as we walked along town, I found my eyes linking with a little girl. "My goodness, she just looks like my niece!" I thought to myself and then looked up and saw my brother-in-law and his parents!!!! An amazing coincidence- they don't live anywhere near that town but decided to pop for a meal there!!! As CBC chatted to them, gorgeous niece said, "BMW Kezzie!" and lo and behold, there was one just driving by! What a lovely and unexpected treat!
Finally, CBC walked me back to the station where I returned home. Not so squiffy anymore after food, I returned home happy that half-term had ended on such a positive note with me here, a few hours later, ready to tell you the tale!!
Have you enjoyed the sun?
xx
I adore that top. The colour and material are beautiful, glad you gave it another go!
ReplyDeleteYou look so lovely and I love your tale of squiffiness! x
ReplyDeleteThe cheaper wines always taste better to me. I always remember before our engagement party my now Mother in Law bought a bottle of Moet and I hated it and tipped it down the sink when she wasnt looking, unfortunately she kept topping my glass up all afternoon and I just had to tell her the truth.
ReplyDeleteI don't often get squiffy as I simply fall asleep after one glass of wine! I am delighted to see that someone opted out of the Prosecco and had a good dose of the Black Stuff instead! Keep the Irish economy going! (I think you should keep the silk shirt!)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely colour on you! I adore booze - the cheaper and more sharp the better! xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm not a big drinker either, I really don't like the taste but occasionally do partake in red wine or cherry brandy.
ReplyDeleteI do drink but only wine or cider really and I don't drink often. I had half a pint of cider at my local pub yesterday and I wouldn't say I was squiffy afterwards, but I could tell I'd had a drink, it did go straight to my head!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lovely day and glad you found something you can drink for your wedding.