Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ear candy

IMG_3457

I have a penchant for eccentric earrings.  Things that look like they should be something else.  Or something different or quirky.  My Scrabble tile earrings, Pride and Prejudice and Lego ones take pride of place in my collection.

At the Big Church Day Out back at Bank Holiday weekend, I came across a stall from a company called DIY beads who were selling beads and you could make them into necklaces and bracelets at the time.

There were all sorts of cool and fancy ones. But the ones that attracted me the most were the sweetie ones.

Pink Shrimps are one of my favourite sweets so it was inevitable I would squeak and reach for these ones instantly.   The bananas, eggs and love hearts followed in that order.  It was a simple matter to bend a jump ring and add them to it plus earring backs.  Really not really craft in my case or making but simply the opening and shutting of rings of metal! 

Thus, because I feel a bit of a cheater, here's something else I made- a card for a fellow blogger's birthday.

My sister has a really cool dress-shaped punch.  As a birthday present- she cut me a box of dress shapes in different patterned papers. What a cool idea- it cost her very little but was a huge help to me!
I layered the dresses upon 3d pads to accentuate the bottom half and then added paper-shredded strips and some punched butterflies.

IMG_3497_1

Linking up to Ta Dah Tuesday
Creative Mondays


Super Handmade Sundays with Sarah:

In and out linking party with Cynthia
In and Out of the Kitchen Link Party

13 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen Link party! I am so glad you are here!

    Cynthia at http://Feedingbig.com

    I think I did it under two minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:07 am

    I think I'll go buy some real candy and wear for jewelry. Then if I want a snack I'm ready!

    I love the card! I didn't know you could buy a paper punch like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first had my ears pierced back in the 80s, my kids & I used to watch Floella Benjamin on Playschool with wacky earrings. I discovered that if you paint PoloMints with clear nail varnish, they will hang from a pair of plain gold hoops and look great fun. Just NOT eat them afterwards!
    blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you and your marvellous earrings. I couldn't put these in my earrings pot as I would almost certainly forget they weren't sweets and try eating them, bleary eyed early of a morning :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so realistic, and the card IS amazing <3 <3
    I'm sure I owe you a letter, I've fallen behind lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so fun - they actually look like candy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those earrings are incredible! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:55 pm

    Those earrings are so you hunnie, you must show us a picture accessorised with an outfit xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The eggs the eggs! I totally love them, I've been looking for some on ebay. I would be tempted to have a nibble on the shrimps and bananas. I've got those love hearts, they're fab

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic card; you talented thing, you! And I LOVE those egg earrings. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great earrings and the card looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that card, it's so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your earring,,,

    just brought some bananas and shrimps today to eat, yummy :)

    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays, featuring your post this week ...

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)