Thursday, June 13, 2013

52 weeks of happy- flowers, caravans and Atomic Mildred!

IMG_3521
1.  I was so happy to meet the lovely Miss Simmonds Says on Sunday at my weekend Music Camp performance.  It is really surreal to meet another blogger but really cool!  We didn't get a huge amount of time to chat but it was so so lovely to meet her and she is just as lovely, if not nicer, in real life!!! Plus her hair is the most awesome thing ever!!!  Thanks so much for coming Clare, it was a delight and I hope to meet you again another time soon!


2.  Speaking of camping, the rampant wildlife was a beauty to behold at the weekend.  There were flowers in abundance.  Everything was green and verdant.
IMG_3520

IMG_3509

IMG_3511

IMG_3512

IMG_3513

IMG_3515
It was lovely to sit in the arboretum and sitting doing some cross-stitch (yes, you heard that right!  Crafty-blog link ups have somehow inspired me to try new things!)
The sun shone and it was beautiful despite one or two cold spells.
It was a sheer pleasure to see friends old and newer and be with them in my happy place, a place that is so familiar for me, a place that rarely changes.  For me, a person who likes things to stay the same, it is always special, always meaningful.  It is always there, those friendships remain, those opportunities to make beautiful music remain, those ties remain.  Though much else may change, it will always be there, I am certain!

3.  I thought it was appropriate that the Apprentice was about caravans as I got to sleep in my friend Ellie's caravan this weekend as I arrived too late to put up a tent.  It was sheer luxury to be there and to have a heated caravan with hot water, toilet, bed, curtains so it wasn't light and to share it with a friend! Her caravan is beautiful!

4.  Oh my year 3 recorders!!!! They've been doing composition tasks based on road rhythms, making their own melodies!  Today, they created really successful pieces which made me really happy!!! I shall quite miss teaching them the recorder next year!

5.  We had a borough-wide singing festival today which I took my choir to.  They sang beautifully, we had a jolly good time. Their solo went really well, and though at the time, I wasn't sure how well it came across, and thought the other schools sang amazingly! However, several people came up and asked me how on earth I managed to get my children to sing in 4part harmony with completely independent lines.  I am lucky that my children this year are just not phased by singing harmony lines and indeed, really enjoy the challenge.  I also looked at the other school choirs and noticed there weren't more than 3 boys in other school choirs.  I looked and noticed that I had 9 boys- so glad that this is something that has changed in my choir 'demographic'.  It's a good thing if it is appealing to boys!

What's made you happy this week, apart from looking at sweetie earrings of course!? ;-)
xx

15 comments:

  1. Verdant - great word! The pics are lovely. Yay, you got to meet Clare in the flesh. Lucky you. Yes, her hair is the most amazing thing ever. Sitting in the arboretum doing cross stitch sounds like a positively delightful and refined way to spend a day. Throw in a couple of G&T's and that'd be me in ladylike heaven xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the 4-part harmony is part the kids and a big part their amazing teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:57 pm

    You must be an amazing teacher! Your pics are lovely, and it's good that you're making me think of good things. The best thing is I'm on vacation! Tomorrow we fly to Texas for a few days to see some lovely cousins, then I'll still have a few days at home :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo of you and Clare. She's adorable, isn't she? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to you and 'your children' on all your achievements. I can only remember 2-3 boys ever being in choir at our school. I've never met a blogger or reader in real life, I would imagine it would be quite surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really enjoyed all the greenery and flowers at the moment too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to google caravan (0:

    ReplyDelete
  8. kezzie, what pretty photos. so glad you met a blog friend, and a had a good week. i bet you could teach me so much about music, just like you do your students. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I wish my garden looked that perfect, I can only dream. I definitely think a happy list is a good think. Gives you the chance to appreciate the small things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That color hair looks amazing and what a pretty garden!

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally unrelated to this post, but in answer to your question about lotion bars...you just rub them on your body like you would soap, but instead of cleaning, they make you softer! nora asked me the same question, so it's not a silly question at all. they are basically a more mess-free version of lotion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Guess what, it happened what I thought it would - oh God, save me from boredom - I miss England so much! Anyway, it is so nice that you got to know another friend! Blogs are great!!! You look so happy in the picture! So nice pictures of flowers, I love flowers!!!! And congratulations for year 3! I guess they were very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow look at that you got to meet the fabulous Miss Simmonds! glad the evening went well also wanted to let you know i'm holding a new fashion linky every tuesday over at my place starting next week! the shiny t tuesday posts are becoming a link up with prompts...the prompt for next week is 'WHEN PATTERNS SPEAKS' Would be fab to see you there xxx jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there! Sounds like you've been having a grand time recently and love your photos! Yes, we MUST sort out a meet very soon too xxx

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)