Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Memories of childhood guest post/link up

I love to reminisce about days of old, childhood memories, games, excursions and random events.  I do think I drive CBC mad with this sometimes, he hears the same story about 10 times (and I am not the most succinct person!), as he frequently reminds me! It is a family trait- we all do it! (again, CBC tells me)

But I thought I'd invite you to share some of your random childhood happy reminiscences with me- if you would like to do a guest post about it, that'd be great!!! Just leave your e-mail address in the comments box and I will contact you about it!   I thought it would be lovely to have a sort of 'oral history' (typed up in blogger) project relating to our childhood.  Perhaps we could put a decade/era etc.

For example, I was reading of Lakota's child-labour pursuits (children picking plums and this prompted slightly mortified memories of cow-manure amongst other things.)  We had an allotment during my childhood years which I helped on during many an evening and weekend.  My Mum was always keen on compost and extra nutrition for the plants.  So it was terribly-terribly embarassing on occasions where we had gone out for the day, perhaps with my dear grandparents, that a pile of manure (often farmers offer it free) was sited which mean free-nutrients for the plants but "Oh-my-Goodness,we-have-POO-in-the-car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" for me!  I totally understand NOW as an adult, that it was a good thing- but at the time- eeeeeeek!
I never forget the one time we saw a MASSIVE heap of horse manure and my Mum had some bin-bags in the boot which she duly filled- ahrgh!

Anyway, so if you would like to share some particular childhood memory, or something, do let me know!

I might also start a linkie thing for it too, if anyone can tell me how to add one of those funky inlinkz thingies?!

I'm probably going to be away from my computer for a couple of days, so do let me know and I will get back to you! Tell me if you'd like to guest post.
x

11 comments:

  1. go to inlinkz.com and sign up for an account - it's free. then head to dashboard and 'create new collection button'.
    there are a few boxes to select options or input info into, but don't panic - I managed it.
    The confusing bit is when it gives you the html code to inbed - on my writer it will NOT show up until published.
    My advice is set it up long before you want to use it so you don't need to rush x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this sounds fun. I would be willing to do a little something for you! I love Childhood memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be willing but it depends when I have to write it for as I've a busy couple of weeks coming up and also, I have no idea what to write about as I have soooo many childhood memories! I think you can email me by replying to my comment... I'm a maybe for a guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:26 pm

    This sounds like fun. Maybe it would be easier for those involved if you gave a theme which would then narrow it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have a few memories...some are not appropriate to share, but most are!! inlinkz is pretty easy once you do it. you just have to create a collection and then enter it in your post as HTML. feel free email me if you have any questions about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds hilarious, your parents sound the right kind of eccentric! We had an allotment too, though my parents weren't very good at growing anything. We spent a lot of time chasing pheasants off the seeds and I used to draw the amazing sunsets you get up there

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very good idea. Unfortunately i have a terrible memory and was never a good story teller. My sister on the other hand will tell you she remembers the day she was born she has a very good memory. Only lat week she was on about all the journeys we took to visit my grandma and they were hilarious and i don't remember any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to be involved but will have to get my thinking cap on....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely idea, but for some reason my mind is blank and I can't think of any interesting childhood memories! I must have some..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha i remember the horse manure in the car. A memory, i know you will recall. Remember when we were at Beryls and we were desperate to find that beach. We thought it was so much closer than is looked. We got there after a real trek and then couldn't get up to get home initially. Oh the memories xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mummykins11:52 am

    There's nothing wrong with bags of manure in the car, even if it was only 10 bags!!!!! Julia used to leave bags of steaming rabbit and guinea pig manure behind the school hedge for me on condition I gave her some compost in return. I took a bag to her hen night!!!
    One of my childhood memories is Grandad (my dad) giving me a crossbar lift to a dancing school show with my tutu & costumes tied to the handlebars.
    Probably the saddest memory was when I had my tonsils & adendoids out in St Mary's hospital, Paddington when I was only 4 and I was left there all on my own. It was quite frightening. Times change.
    The 'big freeze' of 1963 found us going down the road on sledges as it was a steep hill. The snow was so deep over the park that we were diving into 6' drifts. Schools didn't close in our area.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)