Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Inspiration Monday - New Year's Eve!

Hello there and a very Happy New Year to you!

I'm always fairly ambivalent about NYE, not being particualrly bothered about doing anything because of things being outrageously priced, ending up being roasting hot or freezing cold and difficulties in getting home!  However, CBC had a burning urge to visit Allendale, a village around 10miles from Haltwhistle to join in the New Year celebrations there.

Of course, since I was going to stand in the freezing cold, my New Year's Eve outfit was nothing glamorous like most of the other Inspiration Monday participants (The Twobirds kindly decreed that today's inspiration was to be your New Year's outfit).
mine comprises of:
NYE wrapped up warm

WhiteStuff Heart-elbow-patch tunic, scarf-Christmas present, Hat- Orizu, leggings and walking boots!
Add into that, my Christmas present of Per Una purple coat for warmth.

Check out the amazing Maths-teacher Christmas decoration in the background- WOMOTM is fab!

Here's a few photos from our evening!
The Kingshead pub in Allendale:
I don't really enjoy noisy-pubs where I live but here, everyone was really friendly and not at all lairy.  All drinks were £2.50 and we even got a seat!
IMG_5937

Allendale was once mooted as one of the top 10 places to spend your new year in the UK - they used to have an open house policy where everyone opened their houses and anyone could go in and have a drink.  Nowadays, that doesn't happen but it is still super friendly and it is free! 


Village-members are chosen to dress up and carry flaming tar-barrels around the village.
IMG_5959
They then chuck them onto a massive pile of flotsam and wood.  We were about 2 metres away from the fire! 
IMG_5965
Sparks everywhere.  There were fire people around, but there was no Health and Safety officiousness here!
IMG_5957

IMG_5955

IMG_5948
At the stroke of midnight, we shared hugs with a couple who had come all the way from New Zealand via Essex!

Oh, and there was a sousaphone!!!
Allendale 2

IMG_5936


Go and check out more glamorous outfits at the Twobirds boutique!

xxx

23 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Looks like you had a great time!
    I must say the fire looks a little scary, batman looks a little too close on your one picture lol.
    Although i bet it kept you toasty!
    Vanessa
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fire looks intense!!! But it looked like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Kezzie. Sorry haven't been visiting. Hope you had a great Christmas. It looks like you had a good time going into 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exciting New Year! That looks like a lovely pub to spend an evening in. Love your scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an amazing evening Kezzie and I love your outfit - nice and warm and cute! And yes I am returning to blogging :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your scarf!! You have some of the best scarves!! And your night both sounds and looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. kezzie, that fire looks crazy. sounds like you had a lovely night. i like your scarf too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh dear this is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it looks fantastic! Happy New Year Kezzie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, thanks for those photos. We lived near Ottery Saint Mary, which has a tar barrel celebrtion on Nov 5th, when I was in my teens. I had a fantastic evening there with friends when I was about 16, and when I read where you were going it brought it all back! Happy New Year to you - looking forward to sharing it through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that looks like a great way to spend New Years Eve! Glad to see the UKs aggressive Health and Safety regulations didn't spoil the party! Too bad the open house side of the tradition fell by the wayside though.

    Anyway, Happy New Year Kezzie. Here's to a great 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy new year to you Kezzie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I did see this on TV recently, it looks fantastic, I'd love to go! Love your heart patch jumper too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year! Looking forward to reading many more of your posts in 2013 :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy new year! Those photos of fire are rather special x

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a fun and unique evening! and any time you wear a pretty scarf and hearts on your sleeve ;), you will look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ps. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that looks like the coolest NYE celebration ever
    I am loving the little heart patches on your elbows!!
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year Kezzie!
    I love a good bonfire, so refreshing to see a non health and safety version. Who knew people could be relied upon to act sensibly? Looks like a great night, so glad you had fun x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I must have missed this post last year - what a great event! I love things like this, our fun customs and traditions. I'd like to go to this one year! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eek, missed it two years ago even!

      Delete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)