I keep forgetting about the Photo-scavenger hunt- I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it is always dark when I have a camera to hand in the winter. But, I realised, I actually had quite a few of the photos for the list for December, so here they are!If you used to take part in Kathy's hunt, do join in with Sophie who has kindly resurrected the hunt while Kathy has gone AWOL.
Robins:

I have stacks of real robin photos but my little friends were elusive during this festive season, so you can see some Kezzie-Christmas card recycling in process on the 10th day of Christmas.
"On the 10th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, 10 robins bobbing... "
Snow:

On the one day I saw snow, this is the path a car desperately tried to take up the hill to the station. We were walking/slipping up the hill beside it, so it was quite scary walking beside him! He was revving like anything and sliding as the path shows!!
Mist:

Spectularly rubbish but this shows the conclusion of our circular walk around Bellister castle and estate.
Sunrise:

I spied this beautiful sight on the last day of term on the way to school- how gorgeous it was!
Lit-up:

The simple but effective lights above the local baptist church.

I know I've showed this one of Somerset House before, but I was quite proud of it!
Red:

Wedding cakes at my dear friend's wedding
Beverage:

You may be wondering why- CBC, guzzling water from his platypus!
Close-up:
Strangely, I didn't really take anything for this, so I thought I'd inverts and interpret it as up-close, as Batman is to the fire in this photo you've already seen!

Holly:

Rubbish I know, but here are a pair of my festive earrings!
Nativity:

I'm not sure where this came from but it was in our church for the first time this year- so simple, yet looked beautiful during the candle-lit service.
Gift:

A peek of the gifts under the tree.
Christmas Tree:

Southwark cathedral Christmas tree. Shame it's blurry

My local church's Christmas tree. Shame it's also blurry!
Bonus shot:


On a walk around Haltwhistle burn, there are some amazing geographical features. Check out the amazing rock-face, literally. Here's one particular one I could see, but there are loads more. This always reminds me of the 'False alarms' in Labyrinth who speak in Northern accents warning Sarah to 'Go back before it is too late' (until one of them gets shut up by Hoggle to which it begs "Oh please, I haven't said it in SUCH a long time!"
Go and check out the other photos over at Sophie's link-up.x
hurrah for you linking up! I love your Somerset house picture, it's stunning. The sunrise is rather delightful too x
ReplyDeleteI really like the Somerset House photo and the sunset us really beautiful. Snow looks a little scary though - yikes!
ReplyDeleteWow Kezzie! These pictures are beautiful. I love the sunset photo!
ReplyDeleteHaha I totally didn't notice Batman the first time I saw the bonfire photo- that is brilliant! :) xx
ReplyDeleteYes I can see the face! And eek to the tracks in the snow - has that driver never heard of "High gear, low revs"? The sunrise picture is beautiful! x
ReplyDeleteHi my dear!! What gorgeous photos, especially love the Sunset, Nativity and Southwark cathedral ones!! The last ones are pretty awesome too! Have a great week ahead xxx
ReplyDeleteYou pictures, Kezzie they are absolutely stunning! That one of the sunset blew me away...I hope you're doing well and enjoyed your holiday festivities!
ReplyDeleteI received your email and truly cannot ever thank you enough. It was a beautiful gift to me and I'm going to reply back soon!
Take care sweet lady! x
photography is obviously your other not so secret talent, there's some great shots here. The car tracks in the snow are really worrying though! I love the skating shot and the huge tree ... not mention Batman kicking fire!! how cool is that?!
ReplyDeleteA great set of photos. I've just seen a new scavenger hunt I'm going to try to take part in, I hadn't seen this one before.
ReplyDeleteThe Somerset house photo is fantastic, but I did laugh at the snowy one, I think it's a town/city person thing to not be able to drive on that little snow, I can't believe they couldn't go in a straight line, lol!
A great set of photos. I've just seen a new scavenger hunt I'm going to try to take part in, I hadn't seen this one before.
ReplyDeleteThe Somerset house photo is fantastic, but I did laugh at the snowy one, I think it's a town/city person thing to not be able to drive on that little snow, I can't believe they couldn't go in a straight line, lol!
Yay for these photos, I have promised to try much harder this month with the scavenger hunt.
ReplyDeleteOk, in answer to your comment re adding a page to the blog. When you are in the dashboard when you log in, you ought to have a drop-down menu at the right of your welcome bar, one of which will be "pages". Click this and you will have the option to add new, which you can edit as a draft, and then publish when you wish. Email me if this doesn't make sense and I can send some screenshots.
I tried one of these photo things once, but ever fully finished it and it got forgotten about. I'm not sure I get out enough to do it properly although I'm sure it's open to interpretation. My goodness the image of the track that car took is scary, literally in and out all over the place : /
ReplyDeleteThe sky-scape is beautiful. Just the sort of thing I would photograph.
ReplyDeletefor some reason I came up as anonymous but it was me.
ReplyDelete