Thursday, January 10, 2013

All present and correct!

Gifts 1



I was fairly restrained in the sales in that I decided to buy one item (apart from a charity-shop jacket and gifts for other people) and I decided to buy a more practical pair of Toms shoes. I really like my ruby-slippers ones and after Rach's recommendation, I decided to buy and read Start something that matters by Blake Myconskie, the founder and 'chief-shoe-giver' of Toms shoes and I was really impressed by what he set up (I will do a post about it when I have located it and read the last 30 pages) with Toms, I love the idea of giving like for like- a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair you buy, so I bought this pair of turquoise cordhuroy Toms in the Schuh sale.  Very pleased with how comfy they are.  You've probably guessed by now from my blog, that I am all about comfort with my shoes, only rarely about style!

Jar and clips
Aside from my turquoise gilet and purple coat, the former of which has reached the upper eschelons of my most popular post side-bar (why the Valentines one got into position Number 2, I don't know.  It wasn't that funny), I received lots of lovely presents this year.  WKWTTG and V, CBC's sibling bought me an absolutely darling black ruffly/frilly umbrella and a fantastic smart feathered hat pictured.  The funny thing was, that CBC's flatmate bought me exactly the same umbrella in white!  They are both so much fun and perfect for different occasions- I have posh neutral wedding/going-out umbrellas! 

I finally have a TRIPOD for my camera! WOMOTM gave me an old tripod of his when I said I'd like one so no longer does my dainty pink camera have to face the perils of swaying on a wonky stepladder in my garden or on my table/work in order to initiate the self-timer!! Hence the new inside-outfit location!

Also pictured are two funny cute gifts that CBC bought me- a jar of knickers from Whitestuff (he liked the jar) and number paperclips!!!!

CBC coat
I've pictured CBC in his smart new coat from the Reiss sale which I picked up for him (he paid) but the rest of his outfit comprises of some of the presents I bought him- Clarks originals dessert boots, F21 shirt, cashmere jumper (last year) and smart-tweed trousers! He looks very dandy! The photo was taken when we went to look at a wedding venue!!

8 comments:

  1. I still need to get a tripod. I got a mini one once, and the legs broke off when the camera weighed the cheap thing down. Never trust dollar store electronics lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great stuff. I expect some Victorian garden party themed outfits to go with the white brolly!! Love the slippers too. CBC looks very dapper, great location too, definitely use that one more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm not usually a fan of the look of Toms, but they look really nice in cord and I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:58 am

    Those brollies must of been destined for you as you were bought 2 by different people, match made I think.

    CBC looks very fine in his new coat, I wanted my hubby to get some dessert boots but he isn't too sure!

    You were very well behaved in the sales weren't you but I haven't really seen much either apart from a new Cath K bag but that is part of a bigger story. Your Toms look lovely in cord and the colour is fabulous too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new shoes! I have always wanted to try Toms, but I haven't yet!

    Very dapper picture of CBC too, nice new coat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wedding venues! How exciting,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:50 pm

    I love the brollies! I have a white parasol which I suppose would pass as an umbrella but rain often comes with high winds and I would hate for it to be ruined.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)