Alas, I missed out on last week, so here's a 2x +2 post (i.e. two weeks worth of 4 plus a m=bonus 2).

1. Snow silliness! Yes, it can be scary walking and travelling, after my broken wrist and sprained wrist of 2 years ago, I am over-cautious, but it still puts a romantic, beautiful sheen on everything!

2. CBC’s experimental cookery-
Bear with me on this. He'll be really cross I took and posted a photo but honestly, it was amazing!!!!!!!
Radishes, sugar-snap peas, tomatoes, red pointed peppers, chicory, pomegranate balsamic vinegar, olive oil with orange, goats yoghurt, coriander and a PieMinster Heidi-pie. It tasted absolutely wonderful!!!!!!!
3. Swimming:
I haven’t been for soo sooo long!!! It made me feel really relaxed, invigorated and it’s always fun to don a vintage-look polka dot swimsuit! I also love the fact that CBC enjoys the fun, silly games I do, like, see who can stay on the ledge the longest!
4. Healing- sometimes, you can be in receipt of a miracle! See previous post for why

5. Dressing like a mad old lady! I have been wearing the mad cat lady jumper, folk-fiddle t-shirt, and an old lady scarf-clip with a silk-scarf (vintage, via charity shop)
6. My snow-grips- they keep me upright and safe!!! If you've ever broken a limb slipping in the snow, you will know how it knocks your confidence in the snow, the worry of slipping- you can see from the footprints how these babies cut through the snow.7. My church family. Old and young, I adore them- I really do- they are so kind, humble, funny, unique and caring. I sat in church on Thursday night and felt near to tears as I regarded these humble, loving people dancing in joy.

8. My new Tiffany Lamp. It prompted rearrangement of my front room to place it in a place of glory (and heck, not much would persuade me to move furniture!). I’ve wanted one for so long, ever since I saw Hale and Pace on a TV programme as a teenager where they had to try and create a catwalk collection- they used Tiffany Lamps as inspiration for their buttons in their collection. I’d never seen one before and I loved them. So pretty! CBC remembered this and bought me the perfect little one for Christmas.
9. Warm houses- I started to get a cold on Thursday and my house, as previously mentioned, has no central heating, so I have been without heat so it has been really comforting to be in CBC’s house with heating.

10. Warm hats and scarves: So funny to get dressed up! I love making people snigger and laugh on the Tube when I wear ridiculous hats and scarves! Oh by the way, this is a tea-cosy, not a hat! Though it would be fun to wear this on the Tube, just to see how people reacted! It's also fun to wear a tea-cosy on your hat. Essentially, that's what a beanie hat is anyway, isn't it?!
What has made you happy this week?
#1 reading that you are healed, I was smiling all day [still am, whenever I think of it]
ReplyDelete#2 people being Very Kind about my upcoming knee op.
#3 hot tea on cold days
I am so drawing on my Mum's car en route to work tomorrow (I walk past it as I go!)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the idea! xx
Great post!
ReplyDeleteLoving the owl tea cosy/hat lol, Your drawings in the snow made me smile too.
Also CBC's dinner looks wonderful!
i hope your well.
Vanessa
xxx
Ooooooh where is that tea cosy from, please?! It is beautiful!! I can completely understand the fear-of-slippingness. Glad you have some good grippers for your shoes! xxx
ReplyDeleteI like the snow dalek and the lamp is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteYesterday I cleared some snow in the garden by making a giant snowball and rolling it round the snow. It picked the snow up easily. I wanted to clear some of the lawn so I could put food down for the birds.
In this cold weather the poor things are ravenous, but once you start putting food down for them, it's important to do it all the time because they get to know where the food is and will expend lots of energy flying to it and it could be a matter of life or death.
Also, it's very important for them to have fresh water.
This is such a ridiculously cute post! Love the hat!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day,
-Kati
This post made me happy today! I love your tea cosy hat and your dalek/snowman drawing :)
ReplyDeleteI'm not mentioning anything on my blog until I know the outcome, but I thought I'd let you know I have 2 teacher training interviews coming up for the School Direct training (GTP replacement)! I'm being interviewed for an unsalaried place on 29th Jan (which means no wages and £9000 uni fees) and for a salaried place on 13th Feb (a wage and no uni fees). I'm excited just to have the interviews, another 2 chances, I hope I don't fail again this year - third time lucky perhaps!
i definitely think you need to wear that out. you actually look adorable wearing a tea cozy! i love your posts like this. what a nice thing to read on a cold, gray day!
ReplyDeleteglad to hear you are doing better
ReplyDeleteThese sound very much like things I want to do! Especially swimming and dressing like an old lady!! Xxx
ReplyDeleteI went to London with a friend on my birthday one year and in Hamley's he got me as a gift, a cat hat/hood and tail and I wore both around London and on the trains. It drew a lot of smiles my way!
ReplyDeleteLove the snow drawings! I've had a bit of a melt-down (actually a huge one) over the past couple of months but feel like I've turned a corner now, because I opened up about it and in turn it helped a friend who was also suffering in silence, so that's meant a lot to me.
ReplyDeleteYou look completely adorable in the tea cosy. I LOVE it. Wish I'd thought of that. To me, this kind of creativity and fun is what fashion (well ok, style, if you prefer) is all about. I also love your Doctor-inspired outfit more recently (and the larger pix. Keep doing what you're doing!
ReplyDeleteSarah