Sunday, November 04, 2012

Sultry lady in Chautreuse

I believe this is what you call this colour x

Oh dear, sultry female I am not!  I thought it would be really lovely to recreate this pose!  How wrong I was!
CBC now thinks (if he didn't already) that I am a complete twit! As these photos prove.

It is Style imitating art with Vivienne of Thrifted Shift.

The painting:  Jeune fille en vert (Young Girl in Green Dress), 1927-30, by Tamara de Lempicka (Polish, 1898-1980).  


(dress from Monsoon, gloves from sadly closed 100 year old family business, Fairheads, hat: Hatbox (also no more)

Go and look at Vivienne's blog on Monday to see more of these!

11 comments:

  1. adorable! you found the perfect hat & gloves too, both in the color white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome recreation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great recreation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think you did a grand job, that dress is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:58 am

    How fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a grand job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahahahaha!
    Kezzie, this is your best post yet.
    I am laughing so hard!
    Sharing with my Facebook friends.
    Well done.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Look at you nearly recreate this almost exactly! And you look amazing! What a beautiful hat and dress! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look amazing! of course you have everything to recreate this lovely look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:18 pm

    Aw, I don't think you look like a twit. :) Just need to relax a bit maybe, anyway it's cute and the outfit is great!

    Incidentally, did you know CBC is the Canadian equivalent of the BBC? I get confused every time I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heehee...I used to have this poster on my bedroom door when I was a teenager!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)