Monday, November 19, 2012

Add your cat hat and all will be well.

As previously mentioned, I was feeling rather lacksidaisical in a blogging sense and when I looked and saw the warm orangey-coloured boots of Inspiration Monday  (which I don't have- all boots need mending except for the sheepskin ones!) with the lovely Two birds, I decided to give it a miss. I was getting that 'Oh goodness, WHY oh why am I posting pictures of what I am wearing on the internet- my clothes are boring and uninspiring and nobody really cares!' feeling but when I woke up, I thought, what the heck, inspiration is supposed to provide us with what is missing when we are feeling listless so I went ahead and did an interpretation of it! I really rather like this Jenna Dewan-Tatum outfit (not sure who she is).

Stripy top is Emma Watson for People-Tree, Duffle cable cardie from Kush, Necklace- Fairtrade Christmas pressie from J and WOMOTM, Earrings- Secret Santa, Green cords- Thrifted, brogues- Peacocks.

Sorry for the mess of stuff around me.  Mind you, it's better than the landing which the three burly firemen who were just at my house fitting my new smoke-alarm had to contend with (cringe!) How exciting, I had a fire-engine parked outside my house and all!  They arrived early- and as I sauntered down my road chatting to my godmother and her husband, I panicked to see the big red fire engine outside my little house.  I squeaked goodbye and ran down the road with my trolley-bag clattering away!

 It's more me with the hat and I feel instantly better behatted!!  I noticed Char wearing this same hat on a recent post! Cannee be doing without a hat at the moment!  You can't see but one of the pom-poms on my cardie has lost much of its fullness and looks like it's been to Weight-watchers compared to its plump counterpart!
Meow!

9 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with this - I'm glad you found some inspiration! And I adore the kitty hat - meow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read blogs for more than just the clothes. i am glad you post, reagrdless of whether it's a clothing post or a beautiful landscape piture post! however, i'm glad you joinin with us most mondays...it's always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kezzie! hi! o i am glad you like to thrift. i am trying to follow as many thrifters as possible. so yes, i am going to follow you. i enjoyed your remarks about my thrifting ways. as i am sitting her at my computer i have on 100% thrifted clothes; shoes, capri's, long sleeve t and a sweater vest. the shoes are the ones i posted about 2 mondays ago.

    great fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I wish Firemen actually installed fire alarms in Australia. I think every household would have a proper one fitted if that was the case. I love your hat it is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. kezzie, you look so cute in your hat! i think you got close to the look, so glad you didn't skip it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never mind cat in a hat, you're in a cat hat! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cat hat too. I think you ought to find yourself some orange boots like the ones in the photo - no idea who that woman is either but it's nice to find some inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had to lol at the firemen scenario-we had am architect around a couple of months ago and had frantically tidied the rooms he needed in to and used the other rooms as dumping grounds. Turns out he needed in ALL the rooms! My bedroom is ridiculous at the best of times, you literally have a foot in front of the other path to the bed and wardrobe and that's it, it was sooo embarrassing! He turns to me and says "I can see why you need the extension anyway"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry that was rude, got carried away with my story and never actually commented on your outfit-you look great in the hat. As for Jenna-whatever her name, I think I saw her in that dance movie with Antonio Banderas, where he teaches them ballroom dance. She's also married to Channing Tatum in real life...I did think she was Rachel Bilson from the image above though, so I'm not that smart!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)