Monday, September 24, 2012

Tomato Cave


Hello there! I hope you are having a lovely day!  Isn't it funny how the weather just suddenly turns.  Yesterday, it was all sunny and serene and I and CBC wandered amongst 800 year old ruins and BAM, today, all pandemonium doth break lose with deluges of rain at every moment!
I've had SUCH a lovely time this weekend with a Saturday jam-packed outing day with CBC- picking up car from mechanics, walking in Hadleigh country-park, eating lunch in the Salvation Army centre, charity-shopping and cake and tea in Leigh-on-Sea, wandering the Westcliffs sea-front, tofu in a Thai restaurant and then Three men in a boat at the Palace theatre Southend! 

Today's Inspiration Monday with the Two birds is someone called Oliva Munn wearing a rather fancy green satin jacket and horror of horrors, yellow skinny trousers! They look good on her but eeeps, no thanks! I take comfort from the fact that her trousers look almost as unironed as mine!  I decided to go with statement RED instead of statement yellow. My grey jumper is one I love because of its Edwardian lady's neckline- makes me think of the Mum in The Railway Children with Jenny Agutter! CBC calls this my Modern Foreign Languages jacket- I wore this on our first proper date to Cambridge and he said I looked like a language teacher!  What do you think Melanie? Is that so?
 My jacket doesn't have silver hearts on the lapels so I persuaded two common garden birds to sit on either lapel. (Cath Kidston birds)
 Two little dicky-birds sitting on lapels
 One named Peter, one named Pel.

 I also took part in Vivienne at Thrifted Shift's Style imitating art challenge.  The painting of choice was the cave paintings at the Caves of Lascaux in France.  I took inspiration from the browns and earthy colours in this outfit featuring the skirt I wore last Inspiration Monday.  The top has a hood  which made me think of caves and the necklaces, both in shades of brown and golds.  I always think of dried bananas when I wear one of the necklaces as it was my Nan's before she died and it looks like that! The other was a gift from a friend at church. The belt, my Mum's old one I think, is a nod to the terracotta-y patch at the top right of the painting. It's the most interesting link-up challenge I have taken part in!


10 comments:

  1. Nice to see you stop by my blog again. Nice bold colors..and how cute are those pins!
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the little birdies on your lapel! and i love that sweater, too...the lace detail at the collar is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both outfits are lovely! I love the bright colored jacket you have on in the first one and the color choices you used for the style interpreting art in the 2nd! Very nice! Wish we had some of your rain over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great close ups on the details. Great way of rocking the look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pattern on that skirt is so interesting! And so perfect for the Style Imitating Art challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy childhood memories of Hadleigh and Westcliff and Southend etc- my gran lived in Leigh On Sea and we went often to visit. Blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just couldn't put anything together for Inspiration Monday that I liked so I gave it a miss.
    I love the cute lapel birdies x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the birdies on your lapels and the gray lace detail on your top! Pretty! And thanks for playing along with SIA, too! You and I had similar ideas for how to interpret the paintings, I think. Your skirt is great! So versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfit is so colourful and lovely and those sweet birds are adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh those little birds are so cute
    love it
    brett

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)