Saturday, February 04, 2012

An ode from a railway carriage to our little white visitors

Cascades so dense
obliterates vision.
Sniggers of pure white pursue prey
with alacrity in all directions.

The shutter of blue wool
shields my vision from white interference.
As we halt, in the lone, dim haze of the lamplight,
the harbringers of winter toll their icy knell.

The world is all so silent,
reclining fields like nudes.
All hushed except for the cawing of raven-like revellers from within,
and the whirr and clank of our faithful stead.

Whilst pondering with grown-up eye
the artist diminishes and
The awe-struck toddler begs
to run and play

KAG Feb 4th 2012
***

Awwwwwwwwww, snow is so exciting!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)