I received such a pretty and ornate necklace from the loveliest girl in Norfolk for Christmas- yes of course I am talking Sophie! It had a lovely sort of 1920's or ancient Greek feel to it but being me, I wanted it to match with an outfit for its debut! I got my opportunity recently. One of the funnest concerts I take part in with my orchestra is our annual kids concert. In the past years, I have played a solo on my flute- usually some crazy contemporary flute piece by an amazing guy who taught me some flute, called Ian Clarke (if you've ever heard the beatbox flute guy on youtube, it's a little like that!). We always play fun repertoire for the children and there's cakes galore!!!! In the past, we've had Kathy Clugston of Radio 4 narrating a piece so it was a shame that we didn't do a piece with her this time! Anyway, another thing I like about it is we get to wear long coloured frocks rather than the usual all-black! I knew immediately that I should wear this silk Oasis dress that I bought which has lain dormant in my wardrobe since last January sales. The detailing would go perfectly with Sophie's necklace!
It gained lots of compliments which was lovely and it was really nice to find two items that went so well together! The kids concert was a success (if a little bizarre! I wasn't quite sure what the conductor was aiming for in terms of engaging the children with the music!)
Of course, I wasn't sure what to do in terms of cardigan or what to wear over the top. I wore this but it's not a great match- what would you have worn?
More gratuitous necklace shots!
Also the shoe situation was a little confusing! What shoes would go? In the end I went for Aldo wedding shoes!
Thank you Sophie!!!!!
What a stunning statement necklace, and you look lovely in these photos.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, it does go well. That blue colour is great on you too. I guess usually some kind of wrap would be worn with a dress like that, but it's probably not very practical when you're playing to have something slithering down off your shoulders. Hmm.
ReplyDeleteglad you liked the necklace, I love the dress you're earing and I think the cardi looks great with it x
ReplyDeletewow! simply stunning! 100% gorgeous.
ReplyDeletei love fashion of the 1920s so much!
that is one stunning piece of bling!
ReplyDeleteThat is a gorgeous necklace, and I like the dress with the neutral shoes. I don't think you can ever go wrong with nude-toned shoes!
ReplyDelete