Tuesday, April 09, 2024

TARDIS Tuesday - The Horns of Nimon Romana

Hi there,

For TARDIS Tuesday, I am featuring Romana for a second week.  Mainly because, when I was putting together last week's look, I spied a garment in the cupboard that reminded me that on my 'To do' list for TARDIS Tuesday was this look from Romana in an episode called 'The Horns of Nimon'.

This is one of Romana's more Doctory looks!


 d4-5l-108

 https://theultimateguidetothefashionofdoctorwho.wordpress.com/2017/10/19/romana-ii-the-horns-of-nimon/

It's a great look which has very equestrian vibes and is again, part of Romana's common palette of white and red!

I decided to do a closet cosplay of this, e.g. none of the items are actually obtained for this outfit but  I had anyway.

It's very much an approximation but hopefully, a nod to the original.
I started with the red jacket.  It's a slightly different shade and shorter. It came from Primark and I bought it about a decade ago.

The next garments I selected from CBC's wardrobe.  His Darcy shirt came from the Regency Shirt Co. and I recently discovered that Paul McGann wore this same shirt for his 'Night of the Doctor' 50th anniversary outfit.

I then grabbed his waistcoat he bought for his Newt Scamander outfit for Harry Potter night at his school.  I've used this same waistcoat for 2 of my Yaz Khan outfits as well as wearing his entire Newt outfit for World Book Day.

I knew my eYe Boutique boots would be fine for the boots but the trousers presented me with a problem. I had white linen trousers but they were too baggy. Leggings were too tight so I remembered this pair of mink coloured bamboo trousers that Mum bought me a good few years ago. These have always been an awkward item in my wardrobe- not a flattering colour OR shape for me but they've sort of survived in my legging bag.

So that's the entire look!

If I could wear better trousers, I'd wear this outfit for school but those trousers will never be seen in public!!!
What would you do to improve it?

Hope all is well with you!
xx




7 comments:

  1. I have the gloves! 🧤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:25 pm

    Wow! Good work, Kezzie! You look great! xoPom Pom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this look on you Kezzie, and what's more, I think yours is way better than Romana's! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the vest you are wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great outfit - as is the inspiration! I think, like Ann, I prefer yours to Romana's, the contrasting waistcaot breaks all that white up! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun outfit on its own, even without the cosplay inspiration, Kezzie! I think a longer coat would be good, but otherwise, I like your shirt/waistcoat combo better. Good work on the pants/leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cosplay look, Kezzie.
    I always say it- I love how you do cosplay that's so wearable!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)