It was amazing to return to sunshine and warmth in the UK yesterday! Apparently, we are to have a few days of sun and warmth before a return to the cold and misery next week, at least it was, according to the Charity shop lady I chatted to today.
This morning, CBC dropped me off to the place where I was to have my ultrasound and internal scan.
I had to drink a litre of water one hour before and then wait until they'd done part 1 of the ultrasound before I could go to the loo. The appointment was a bit delayed so by the time I went in, I was really struggling!!
After the appointment, I went across the road to the busstop to get a bus to Mum's house. I had just missed the bus by 1 minute and the next one wasn't for 20 minutes. (It actually didn't turn up for 40mins and there were two of them!)
Luckily, there was a charity shop by the busstop which I looked in. It was really nice and I found 2 things.
They had a nice Sheffeld Ukelele for £5 which I couldn't resist for school as an extra and I bought a pair of Rieker black and grey heels.
Mum had made some delicious tomato soup for lunch with sour-dough. It was lovely to see her and to look round her beautiful garden!
The Rowan tree behind me was just a twig when Mum bought it. As usual, her green fingers have made it thrive.
Here's what I wore.
I started with an Anokhi tunic top which I bought in a charity shop a few years ago. I am so glad Vix introduced me to Anokhi through her blog- the cotton is such amazing quality- it's a joy to wear!
I added my green speckled skirt. This was handmade for me in Bali 19 years ago. I bought the material from a lovely shop on Jalan Sulawesi in Denpasar, Bali. It was full of contemporary patterned batik in bright colours.
Since it matched my Monsoon hat, I had to wear them together
The belt was from Landsend and I bought it from a boutique in Cardigan. I cannot believe it, but I paid £30 for this belt! Utter madness!!!!
Added to this was my charity shopped Denim jacket and some blue pumps from Lotus (bought from Haltwhistle shoe shop), some earrings and my Nan's necklace (which had fallen off in this picture...but I didn't realise!
It made me so happy to wear lighter clothes again like this week in Girona! So much nicer than Winter clothes!
xxx



Love, love, love this outfit, Kezzie (and the last couple of days of warm weather). Not only are you wearing a glorious bit of Anokhi but you're wearing a skirt from your time in Indonesia and a belt that reminds me of our friend, Ann (sometimes we do these crazy things and splash out on something frivolous, you'll wear that belt forever!)
ReplyDeleteI hope your scan results are good and you get the all-clear very soon.
I've just updated my blog with a photo of Kate Bunce and her sister, Myra, who is believed to be the model for Musica. xxx
You look absolutely stunning in this outfit Kezzie! I love every single item and obviously I'm admiring that belt :-) I've got a whole collection of similar ones, although none of them set me back as much as £ 30.
ReplyDeleteI loved your charity shop finds, which I saw on Instagram. Keeping my fingers crossed for your scan results! xxx P.S. Isn't the weather forecast looking awful? And we've booked a couple of days away in Bruges later this week :-(
I love the top and the skirt!! And I've always loved hats like that. I must have missed something about the scans, so hoping all went well there and you get the results you want.
ReplyDeleteI hope the scans show nothing untoward, or at least, nothing that can't be easily treated. That outfit looks great on you. Love FD xx
ReplyDeleteYou look lovely. It was great not to wear a coat on Saturday. I can't wait to wear some summery clothes, but it's gone back to being a bit cold again today, so not just yet sadly.
ReplyDeleteThat's a beautiful maxi skirt.
ReplyDeleteYou look absolutely beautiful!!!