For TARDIS Tuesday this week, I thought I'd return to a comfy outfit worn by Amy Pond in two episodes, Time of the Angels and Flesh and Stone. Mainly because a) I spotted my Converse trainers yesterday when getting my Gamelan costume ready and b) also spotted the red hoodie in the drawer.
![]() |
| Source |
Here's the outfit as worn by Karen Gillan. I first wore a version of this in March 2015 then October 2021.
My sweater is from Primark but charity-shopped, the skirt and Converse trainers were both gifted to me. I bought the leggings in Tescos about a decade ago and I have never found any other legging brand or type as comfortable or durable as these ones. All my other ones (except some Aldi/Lidl) ones have always developed holes or been uncomfortable.
When I was getting this outfit ready to wear, I realised that I really don't need 2 pairs of Converse trainers. I bought my black and red ones in Bali in 2006. I texted my niece (who, serendipitously, has similar-sized feet) and asked her if she would like them. She was so excited and said she'd actually asked her Mum for a pair of Converse trainers recently. It's nice to be able to pass them on, clear a little shoe-space AND to make her happy.
Funnily enough, a colleague, the other day, said to me, "Can I ask you about something. I had a funny feeling you might be the one person who might know about this."
It turned out she wanted to know if I had ever tried Saltwater sandals as she was interested in them but as they are quite expensive, wasn't sure about them. I said that I did have a pair and I really liked them. I told her I'd bought mine 2nd hand from Depop for £12 (which is a really good 2nd hand price for them). I suggested I brought mine in for her to try on and I asked her footsize.
"I'm afraid I've got big feet- size 8!" she answered.
"Oh good, so have I!" I answered. That's perfect. I can lend them to her for an evening so she can try wearing them around the house and see if they work for her!
I had a great weekend. On Saturday, after a pleasant breakfast of porridge, I got lots of washing done and hung in on racks outside as it was so beautifully sunny. Whilst outside, I picked some Kale from my extremely gangly plants from last year which have continued to grow and currently have tender young leaves. I also picked some hairy bittercress which was growing in my olive tree and blueberry pots and then some three cornered leek from the side bed! I love free food. Then I headed into London as I had a Gamelan gig at LSO St Luke's. It went really well and we had a hugely appreciative audience. Afterwards, CBC and I went for dinner at Wagamama's on Old Street before we headed home.
Sunday morning, I managed to get up in time for church...just! I got out of bed at 8.52am and managed to get to church for 9.10am to play flute for the first hymn. It was a lovely service with a very meaningful sermon. As we were playing one hymn, I had a vision of someone, who I couldn't see, walking with a wooden crucifix all around the church.
After church, I came home and had some breakfast and folded up washing and put other washing one. Annoyingly, our washing machine keeps getting an error code which is a draining error and I never know how much it has actually washed the garments and the only way to get it to open is to do a Rinse and Drain mode.
I received Nancy Birtwhistle's Green and Clean book for my birthday and I decided to try her method for washing oven shelves. I recently bought some Washing soda (ash) for cleaning from a Refill service which delivers door to door and I left the shelves and grill try in the sink to soak for a few hours. Happily, it did a good job. This may be the first time, shamefully, that I have cleaned oven shelves. Nancy replied to my message on Instagram where I asked to her to clarify what she meant by 'one cup'. I'm really intrigued to make up her Pure Magic shower cleaner once I've got a new large glass spray bottle to do it in! I really hope it can do something about the limescale!
Tomorrow (written on Sunday!) , I am taking my school orchestra to the Barbican to watch the London Symphony Orchestra.
Sweetly, on Friday, two little girls in Year 4 stood on the landing outside orchestra (with my permission) to teach another children who wants to join recorder club 7 weeks late, how to play all the music she's missed so far. It was such a darling thing! All three girls are such sweet, gentle, kind girls.
On Friday afternoon, I got some of my choir to come upstairs to learn a harmony part for our new choir song for the competition (I have to add to the programme from the last round). They sounded really good- I hope I can hear them above the rest of the choir!
Hope all is well with you!
2 weeks left of term!
xx

I had that Nancy Birtwhistle book for my birthday along with a box of all the ingredients I'd need to make up her cleaning solutions. The bathroom cleaner and floor cleaner are utterly brilliant!
ReplyDeleteYou do suit red, you look lovely in that outfit.
I'm glad you were able to help your friend with the Saltwater sandals, I've always fancied trying them but I love my Tevas so much I don't think I'd ever wear them! xxx
I have a pair of Moshulu sandals - just like my daughter's, but a different colour. I love them
ReplyDeleteYou do indeed suit red and that outfit is absolutely perfect on you! I've finding that my cheaper brand tights are less prone to holes and ladders that those from more expensive brands, so I'm definitely hearing you on the leggings! I bet your niece was thrilled to get your spare pair of Converse. What a lovely thing to do! I'm hoping the Saltwater sandals do work for your colleague. What a stroke of good luck that you're both having the same size! xxx P.S. You looked absolutely amazing in your Gamelan concert outfit, which I saw on Instagram!
ReplyDeleteI think this is a great outfit! When I clicked back, I was surprised at the red hair, but then saw it was photoshopped. I think your hair looks good at that length.
ReplyDelete