Friday, November 03, 2023

Fluffy denim bongos!

 Sheila called me a tease the other day for not sharing pictures of the items I bought in the charity shop.

Well, unfortunately, I've taken the bongos to school (I thought I'd photographed them but no- they are ceramic and handmade and brilliant for a fiver!) but I DID wear my new items in an outfit last Sunday for church.

Here is item number 1. A beautiful chambray denim cotton dress from ethical brand, Thought. It cost me £6.99 from an animal charity shop. It has some elastic at the back cinching the waist but I chose to add a previous charity shopped red belt to it to add my red (charityshopped from the same town years ago), Clarks men's desert boots.  It's really comfortable and the cotton feels great quality- it's quite light-weight but good for Autumn.

I picked out the red by adding a black silk scarf with red roses on it (ancient Primark) and matching it to my F&F at Tescos (also very old) black floral tights.

Just peek and you might spot my black Whitby jet bow necklace. It was given to my mum as a leaving present from her job at my primary school but it's not her style! 



Item no.2 was on my wishlist. I wanted a wool or furry gilet. Ideally, I am still on the look out for a Toscana or just sheepskin one (grey or dark brown or light).
As I was queuing to pay for my denim dress, I spotted it on the mannequin to my right. 
It was £5 and is from Marks and Spencer's Per Una brand. It's made of 100% wool with a synthetic fur trim.  Inside, it is quilted. I am delighted with it.
Was not happy to find CBC wearing it! I demanded he remove it instantly. He has broader shoulders than I do and I was worried he would rip it.  He refused at first but I got it off him eventually! He told me I was making a fuss but he's broken things before!
I added my All Saints Axelle black denim jacket over the top- remember this from Tuesday's Clara outfit?  I was not happy to find CBC gleefully wearing THIS 5 minutes later after I'd removed my gilet from him! Grrr!!

I'm  gearing up for Christmas at school, already. I have to start teaching the songs at the end of October otherwise there isn't time to get them all learnt! I've been singing Christmas songs all week!  Luckily, I really enjoy this aspect of my job!
I've started writing my annual Christmas song but not 100% sold on it. I've been trying to write a Star song for the last 2 years but not quite got it! Hmmm, will keep working on it!

This week, I let the year 4 children loose on the more delicate and expensive instruments, ones that I only have one or two of to try out playing drones on them.  They tried ukelele, mandolin, guitar, harmonium, accordion, harp, tongue drum, angklung, mbira, handbells, steel pan as well as various metallophones, xylophones, boomwhackers. I had to be utterly strict about how they handled them and moved between instruments (and we had one accidental breakage due to one child running and stepping on a bamboo angklung- not the child I would expected)  but they really enjoyed it and one child told me we'd had to of the best lessons ever this term! It's nice to give them the opportunity.

The little ones were so enthusiastic learning their Christmas songs but all of us are nervous as it's the first Christmas performance for the little ones since 2019 and we can't quite remember how it all works!!!

There's always some disappointing responses with the older children, without going into details, which always makes me sad, every year but I have to try and focus on the good stuff.

This weekend, my Brother-in-law is coming to stay with us and we are going to take part in an Escape Room and hopefully go out for a Thai meal.  CBC is amazed I made it happen. It's called persistent pestering!

Kxx







10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fluffy.denim.bongos is the What3words address of a place near Quebec in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking fab as always Kezzie and your weekend sounds brill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous outfit, Kezzie! That chambray dress is lovely on you, a perfect fit and brilliant with the gilet and leather jacket. Denim blue and red are such a classic combo. What is it with blokes and fluffy gilets? Jon's always trying mine on. We had two 1960s gents one in the stockroom but he's only interested in mine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great charity shop buys Kezzie. You look great in the dress and gilet. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful chambray denim dress and I love how you have layered it with the fax fur gilet. The red accents are perfect. Beautiful Sunday outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That outfit is absolutely fabulous Kezzie! I would definitely have snapped up that chambray dress too. It looks fantastic with the floral tights, red boots and belt. And the fluffy gilet, obviously! How naughty of CBC to wear it, and the jacket too :-(
    Sounds like you'll have your work cut out in the run-up to Christmas, but knowing you it will be a triumph in the end! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look really cute in that outfit! I like the tights. I never seem to wear any other than plain old black.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not everyone sees it but you're a powerful woman! And what's yours is yours; hands off, partner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit.
    Wow, I don't think my primary schools even had that many instruments... actually, I'm not sure the two secondary schools I went to did either. Your pupils are very lucky to have you as their teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)