Tuesday, November 07, 2023

TARDIS Tuesday

Hello there visitors,

I hope you are well!

For TARDIS Tuesday this week, I have something new to share!  This is always exciting!

I have @_rachelmmillar on Instagram to thank for this one.  She contacted me to ask about a Yasmin Khan item I had identified and then  kindly told me about some items she had identified herself.

But what was that?


It is the jumper from an outfit worn by Series 11,12 & 13 companion, Yasmin Khan. She wore this briefly at the end of New Year special, Resolution and also wore it for an appearance on Children in Need in 2019 to meet a sweet little girl who was a huge fan!

Rachel identified the jumper as a jumper from White Stuff with a sequined star on it. She wears it with a pair of black skinny jeans and boots (I think they may be her Dune ones) and her ox-blood All Saints leather jacket.  In the Comic Relief outfit, we see her Alex Monroe floral initial necklaces (Y and Z)

Well, here's my attempt:

I started with the jumper, which will make a great any season but useful for a simple Christmas jumper.
I found it for £3.50 on Vinted. With postage, it was about £6. It is warm as it contains Alpaca and lamb's wool in a blend.

I added my brown leather jacket from River Island which comes from a Clara outfit and is what I wear most times in place of Yaz's ubiquitous All Saints leather jacket..
I didn't bother to go more accurate on the trousers and boots and just wore a pair of denim trousers from F&F (charity shopped) and black Clarks boots.
I am VEXED that I appear to have lost my Avon floral K necklace which goes with my Z necklace that I usually wear in place of Yaz's Alex Monroe letters- it's been missing for a few months and I've searched to no avail. Either, I left it somewhere, it got sucked up by the hoover or ????
Annoying. Instead, I wore the little Y and Z I made out of silver mirrored card a few years ago which I hung on chains with jump rings.  Pretty flimsy and only to be worn in the house (I wore my Alex Monroe bee necklace when I was out) but they look the part.

I thought it would be fun to recreate this image (well, mirrored) from Resolution, sans bunting.


We had an absolutely lovely weekend.   Saturday morning (and early afternoon) was spent frantically cleaning and tidying the house. I had invited CBC's brother to come and stay for the weekend as we hadn't seen him for months and it was also a very good incentive to clean the house.

We picked him up and headed to an Escape room.  I am happy to report that we solved it with 9minutes to spare and we all helped and felt we had taken part. It's much better with 3. When we do them with 6, I tend to miss out on a lot.  We then headed to a lounge restaurant for some late-lunch Tapas and then onto a French bar/restaurant for some tea and went to watch free fireworks on the seafront, standing by the cliff railway.  After this, we headed to dinner at a Thai restaurant.  Back home, we drank mint tea and headed to bed.

The next morning, I was up early to go to church. This morning, the vicar was playing keyboard and it was the first time I had played flute next to him. He's a really good musician though I found it a bit harder to see the music.  The service was excellent.

I headed back home and enjoyed some late breakfast with CBC and his brother T. 

We then drove to the seaside to do a circular walk, enjoying some lunch in a seafront cafe/art gallery which we had all to ourselves.  We then dropped CBC's brother to the station and drove home.

We both felt very positive for having spent time with T and having a tidy house so headed back home in an  upbeat frame of mind.

Luckily, only one rehearsal for me this week in the evenings though CBC has persuaded me to come and play viola for a music festival performance on Friday for his school.

Hope you have a good week!

xx



sdsds

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely weekend. Nothing like a visitor to force you into a bit of housework, is there?
    That jumper was a good find, much classier than the usual festive offerings. I'm mesmerised by that gorgeous owl behind you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous jumper, Kezzie, and how cute you look with your hair in pigtails!
    Sounds like you had a most wonderful weekend. I could definitely do with a walk by the seaside! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen an escape room adventure anywhere around here. They sound fun, I think! Actually, I'm not sure I'd be any good at that!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)