For TARDIS Tuesday this week, after a few weeks of Classic Who companions, I am returning to a modern Who companion- Clara, of course! But, in a surprise change from the modern, tight-fitting or short outfits she is usually known for, we have a historical outfit, worn in the episode, Robots of Sherwood, where Clara and the Doctor encounter Robin Hood. She does start the episode wearing a modern outfit, which I have worn on this blog before, but this is the first time I have attempted her historical outfit.
Let's have a look at it:
It features a red/orange velvet dress with gold edging,it has long sleeves with drapy ends with undersleeves. It has a fitted bodice and the skirt is more flowing.
I bought the gold feather earrings from a craft fair quite a few years ago. The headchain posed a bit of a problem but I remembered this brooch I wore as an Amy Pond cosplay and figured I could fashion a headchain from it. I did try to hang it from a gold snakechain but it was SO slidy it kept falling off my head, despite hair grips so I attached it to a leather thong instead which, though looks less effective, did the job!
![]() |
| https://whona.forumotion.com/t10012-s8e3-robot-of-sherwood-spoilers |
![]() |
| https://coffeeandirony.com/2014/09/07/doctor-who-robot-of-sherwood-screencaps/ |
She wears a Topshop headchain and silver feather earrings.
And now, lets see what I came up with:
This is, as you can see, not a strictly accurate rendition, more of a nod to the original but it came after I found this Maid Marian dress in the charity shop. It was only £6 and I already thought, "Right, that's World Book Day next year sorted!". The possibilities of it being a Clara dress also did occur to me!
I bought the gold feather earrings from a craft fair quite a few years ago. The headchain posed a bit of a problem but I remembered this brooch I wore as an Amy Pond cosplay and figured I could fashion a headchain from it. I did try to hang it from a gold snakechain but it was SO slidy it kept falling off my head, despite hair grips so I attached it to a leather thong instead which, though looks less effective, did the job!


What a great cosplay outfit! You look beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing and have a lovely day.
I've seen that dress in a charity shop recently and was very tempted. You look absolutely gorgeous, you should pack it for the Smuggler's Festival! xxx
ReplyDeleteThat's a stunner of a dress, Kezzie, and £ 6 is an absolute bargain too! xxx
ReplyDeleteOh that's lovely!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous dress - you will get a lot of fun outfits out of it, whether they're cosplay or Book Day or even Christmas. It looks amazing on you - I love the brooch!
ReplyDeleteI love the dress! It looks fantastic on you. xx
ReplyDeleteYou look absolutely amazing!
ReplyDelete