N was very pleased to see us as he'd been feeling unwell and had had a COVID test which he'd got a negative result for the day before we came round so had been bereft of company.
We came in and had a chat, all on various sitting items (me on a pouffe!) with the backdoor open.
CBC and N decided to have a game of Grand Prix racing on the TV, at which point, I decided that I did not want to watch. Instead, I was looking out at N's garden which was looking very dodgy. He'd had a gardening party 2 years before in which we'd completely cut back overgrown ivy and other plants and sorted out. It looked really rather awful with weeds every where, Ivy pulling down the fence, bindweed wrapped around everything and generally overgrown.
I knew I didn't want to stay stuck inside- it was the last sunny weekend and we'd originally been on our way to Kent for the day when the awful traffic made us rethink our plans. I decided to give N's garden a tidy up.
I borrowed a pair of secateurs and gloves and the wheelie and set to work.
And that was much better. It may not look much different, but believe me, the AMOUNT of ivy on the left and foliage at the top was immense.
N was super chuffed and amazed I had achieved so much alone in an hour and a half. At that point, they finally decided to go and enjoy the last good weather and we went and got fish and chips to eat in the park after a walk.
![]() |
| Before |
An hour or so of ruthless hacking later, including standing on patio chair on one leg with my head in the trees, the wheelie was full.
I am so glad I got out there and did that. Even the next door neighbour, the joint owner of the pulled down fence, came out to comment, gratefully.



What a fantastic job! Garden tidy-ups are so rewarding, you can see the results almost instantly. I'm not surprised N & the neighbour was thrilled. xxx
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you ever are Dorset with 90 minutes to spare!! You are such a thoughtful friend, Kezzie - it would have been so easy to put your feet up and read a book while the blokes enjoyed their gaming
ReplyDeleteWhat a great friend you are, helping your friend N with cleaning the garden when she is not feeling well. Good that she tested negative, I'm sure she appreciated the company as well.
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job, and a very satisfying one, I imagine. Now can you come around and tidy a particular corner of mine ;-) xxx
ReplyDeleteWow, that's some very good Karma you've earned in your good deed, Kezzie! What a fantastic job you did!
ReplyDeleteWay to go being a garden fairy Kezzie!
ReplyDeleteWhat a good friend you are!
ReplyDeleteThis is the time of year for that sort of tidying up, and everyone will reap the rewards in the spring! You really took advantage of the moment.
ReplyDeleteI think N should have had a good talking to about taking better care of the back garden. Fancy letting it get into that state. Clearly the neighbours were fed up too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely thing to do, I bet it was immensely satisfying. Be warned, if you ever come to my house I might hand you some gardening gloves...
ReplyDeletexx
Good for you~!! A great act of kindness, and good outdoors exercise for you.
ReplyDelete