Tuesday, October 20, 2020

TARDIS Tuesday- Yaz's outfit in Kerblam!

 Hi there! 

Hope you are well!

This week, for TARDIS Tuesday, I thought I'd attempt an outfit which I haven't tried before.  It required all items I had in my wardobe anyway.

Let's have a look at the original.

It is worn by Yaz Khan in Series 11 of Doctor Who and is in a very clever episode called Kerblam. I think this was the best episode of series 10 in a series of not-so-exciting episodes.

Here's a few photos of it.  It's hard to find any decent pictures of her outfit.

https://thedoctorwhocompanion.com/2018/11/05/doctor-who-series-11-titles-and-synopses-for-episodes-7-and-8/


https://theultimateguidetothefashionofdoctorwho.wordpress.com/2019/11/17/yasmin-khan-fantasy-wardrobe-series-12/

Screenshots by me but images belong to the BBC.

She wears a coral ribbed jumper (with scalloped hem) under a brown leather with black jeans and some grey trainers with white soles.  Her hair is worn down but with the sides up.


And here's me, side by side with Yaz.


I started with a coral-ribbed M&S jumper I picked up in Hexham in the Summer in a charity shop as I had gone to Hexham with only one jumper and it was rather chilly. When I spied it, I needed a jumper but also realised that it was rather reminiscent of Yaz's jumper. Hers is from Maison De Nimes and is rather more fitted than mine.

Other the top, I wore my brown faux-leather jacket.  It's a Clara Oswald screen-accurate one (another casualty which got snipped in poorly packaged goods, somewhat less terminally than last week's one) which I use for Yaz's jacket as it is rather similar and I'm not that into leather jackets that I really want more than one (well, two...both charity shopped)

I added my navy charity-shopped jeans and CBC's trainers- wrong colour but they have white bases- these are my size exactly.  I'm slightly confused as to what his actual school size is as he's rather a chameleon with what sizes he wears! Oh well, just means Big-foot me can steal his shoes!




Oh, and luckily, this is one hair-style I can sort of do. I've never been one of those girls that can really do hair-styles particularly well. Add to that, a very naturally wonky hair-line, I don't often get the hair right (or even bother!)

What do you think?


10 comments:

  1. You've nailed it! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! You have nailed this one, Kezzie! This look overall suits you very much. I love the trainers - I have big feet too (size 9.5/40) and can wear and have bought men's shoes. Shoe sizes vary nearly as much as clothing sizes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfit looks great! This reminds me how behind I am on Dr Who. I did start catching up a few months ago but need to finish as I don't even know who this women is haahh

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's Very Good. Can I recommend Vilene Iron On Interfacing [light or medium weight] for slit repairs. If a garment has a slit or nick in it, first [on the right side] butt the edges of the slit together and hold them there with masking tape. THEN iron a piece* of this over the back and it will hold everything together. But do NOT have the iron too hot if it is faux leather, it will melt. When everything is cool, gently remove masking tape. * cut a generous patch, dont make it too small. This will stand up to machine washing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A success! Love your hair clipped back like that! Like you, I'm hopeless at putting my hair up! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have indeed nailed this cosplay outfit, Kezzie! I'm loving the ribbed M&S jumper and it looks gorgeous with the leather jacket on top. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit. I love that you do cosplay from Dr Who. Most of the outfits from the show are very wearable, a great inspo for every day wear. I love the jacket from this outfit. Great look for autumn, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good. I struggle to put my hair up in a tidy fashion, I can do a messy bun or a messy ponytail. I gave up trying to do anything more difficult years ago and just chuck it up and hope for the best.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shop the newest fashion in plus size clothing from https://www.lucyclothing.com.au/plussizeclothingaustralia . Shop dresses, jeans, tops, shoes then much more! Browse all our new styles in sizes

    ReplyDelete

Greetings! Welcome to the maaaaaadness! I am so glad you came to visit and leave me a pretty comment!! Would you like tea and cakes? The books are over on the shelf! I have sofas a-plenty so leave us a friendly comment and I'll pretty much guarantee I'll come a-visiting to you at some point soon!! This blog-post will self-destruct in 2 minutes. Go, type, type, type!!!!! (and put a hat on!)