I've always thought of Turquoise and teal as shades of blue but lots of people see them as green. I suppose they are sort of greeny. What do you think?
This dress, I see as blue. It came from a charity shop in Sheffield via Lorelai, the maker of the earrings I am wearing (see below) It fits perfectly due to the ruching at the back- why don't more clothes have ruching?
I couldn't believe how well it matched my Esoteric London necklace and my Lorelai earrings.
I wore it here with a black charity-shopped Monsoon cardigan and some black leggings.
I also 'borrowed' CBC's tan brogue boots to wear for this photo. Hey, I paid for them so that's ok, isn't it? He often nicks my more manly shoes to wear (and my "crocs" for going in the garden!)
Have you had a good weekend? I hope so. I had some fun yesterday. Today was more of a mundane tasks day but lots of rest also. Much needed!
Love to you and yours.
xx
Describing colour is so hard, trying to do it on ebay is a constant battle - is it claret, burgundy or rust or sea green, teal blue or peacock? Either way your dress is one of my favourite colours and you were quite right to borrow those gorgeous brogue boots. How fortunate that you & CBC are the same size. Jon's got some amazing boots I'd happily steal if he wasn't three shoe sizes bigger! xxx
ReplyDeletethats a very pretty dress, I think it's in the blue spectrum as it has cold hues but our computers probably give us all a different view :)
ReplyDeleteTurquoise and teal are "bluey-greens" to me. Your dress is lovely. Jan's feet are lots bigger than mine so I couldn't steal his shoes even if I wanted to.
ReplyDeleteI'm slightly colour blind in that range, and the fact whether something is blue rather than green is a regular item of discussion between Jos and myself. In my eyes, your dress is green, and as it happens to be my favourite colour, I think it's absolutely gorgeous! I would never be able to borrow Jos's shoes: I'm a size 4 and he's a size 9-9.5! xxx
ReplyDeleteI'd say it's green but colours are so difficult to agree on. I think you should keep those shes, they are fabulous. There should be more ruching to aid a good fit of dresses, it's so convenient! Lovely outfit Kezzie xx
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful blue dress, it matches your earrings perfectly.
ReplyDeletePretty dress. I don't label colors 'cause I don't understand them, really. When you're raised as a boy, you're taught to NOT pay attention to subtle shades and use fancy words to describe hues. So I'll just say this color is nice.
ReplyDeleteI love the colour. Aqua/teal are squarely in between blue and green - some people see them one way, some another. It's the mix of yellow in the colour (this colour has a lot of yellow, so you see it as green).
ReplyDeleteI agree - more ruching! It helps everything fit better!
Turquoise and teal seem green to me, but they have a bluey undertone. Either way they’re both lovely colours :)
ReplyDeleteI like a bit of ruching especially on a dress, and skirts with ruched waistbands are so flippin’comfortable - so, yes, why isn’t there more ruching out there?!!
The dress has a lovely pattern, and yes it des go very well with your jewellery.
I like days of tasks and rests, especially if there is also some reading involved.
xx