Just a little post here today until I have time to write a bit more.
This week, I have been in Northumberland. As you may remember, I was supposed to go to the Cotswolds in a cottage with my Dad, Stepmum and sister. Alas, because of my local area being in tier 2, we technically weren't allowed to share a house with Tier 1 people so we couldn't go.
As you can imagine, I felt pretty sad about this- we were really looking forward to this holiday, spending time with them, relaxing, going somewhere different- and I haven't spent any time with them since last year probably, give or a take a birthday and barbecue in July.
CBC had a really, really rotten end to the school term (if you are in the habit of prayer, please, please pray for him) and we were feeling really fed up so I suggested we just go up to Northumberland and check into a hotel (as we couldn't stay with his mum). He agreed and the pair of us felt really excited and positive about having this plan. We headed up on Monday morning, managed to get a good deal to stay at the Beaumont Hotel in the centre of Hexham and had a jolly couple of days. His mum was really glad to see us even though we couldn't stay in her house. I'm especially glad we did it given that we are now going back into lockdown (except of course we will still be at school). I feel that I have given support to the hospitality industry and supported a variety of local small businesses with purchases, both Christmassy and general practical purchases and glad I had the chance to do it.
It's back to reality after tomorrow and all the anxiety about the school term and what it holds for us both. My school has been very fortunate this term in terms of COVID and I pray it continues.
I thought I'd share this outfit from last half term- I really like this checked top which I bought brand new in a charity shop this time last year- it has big old sleeves which I adore since I cannot stand any top being too tight under my arm pits or upper arms. It's a bit big and not particularly flattering to my shape but still a really comfortable top that can be worn with trousers or, like I did in the Summer, with a mid length skirt and sandals.
I'll be back soon. I do hope you are well.
xx
So glad you could get away after all, and get to see family, too! Every day is a new challenge, it seems. May God help your dear husband especially.
ReplyDeleteYour checkered top looks so roomy and comfortable on you.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about CBC having a really rotten end to the school term. I really feel for all those who have to work with the public especially at this time of Covid-19 nightmare. I will keep CBC in my prayers.
I'm glad that you could get away for even a short time. From what I heard on the news, Covid-19 is spreading at an alarming rate everywhere.
Stay safe and well.
Hugs, Julia
Sorry to hear that CBC had a tough end to the term and that you weren't able to go away with your dad and family. It's good that you got a break up in Northumberland with CBC though, especially in light of the new lockdown situation and you're continuing to work. You're both doing a very important job for the children and I'm sure everyone appreciates that.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about your cancelled trip to The Cotswolds but I'm glad you were able to get away to Northumberland and see CBC's Mum. Respect to you all for doing the right thing and not bending the rules, if only more people were as selfless we'd not be in this situation.
ReplyDeleteI love that top, if it didn't look so good on you I'd want to steal it from you! xxx
The embroidery is beautiful. So glad you could see CBCs Mum, that will have been a joy to everyone. A wise move considering this second lockdown too. Prayers for Chris especially. Prayers as you both return to school this coming week
ReplyDeleteThe top looks good on you. I'm glad you managed to get away and see CBC's mum. Hoping the new term starts off better for him!
ReplyDeletePretty top. Sorry about the pandemic restrictions which, I hear, will be getting tighter again. This virus is a problem and it seems no country has done a good job fighting it.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you. You managed to have a lovely trip and I agree that it is important to help the local businesses as much as we can. I do the same.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear your holiday in the Cotswolds had to be cancelled, but I'm glad you were able to spend a relaxing couple of days in Northumberland. I do hope you and CBC's return to school isn't too stressful! Your embroidered gingham top is gorgeous! xxx
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear you didn't get to go to the Cotswolds but well done for adhering to the rules - most people would've gone regardless.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got to go away, it sounds like CBC needed the break.
Take care and I wish you well for the new term.
xx
Hope all is going well with your new term back at school, it should mean your commute is quieter once lockdown is in force? Love this blouse, it looks so comfy xx
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear you got some days off, even if it wasn't what you originally intended. Sending good vibes to CBC! That really sucks.
ReplyDeleteI love the embroidery - bring on the embellishment!