Hello there,
Remember I posted an outfit the other day based on this wonderful teapot?
Remember Daenel chose this beautiful Royal Worcester tea pot as the inspiration.
Isn't it gorgeous!
![]() |
| Teapot {Metropolitan Museum of Art Open Access} |
I loved this teapot so much I decided to make up a second outfit based on it. One that perhaps is a little less obvious that the inspiration came from here. It doesn't have to be a direct recreation of the art (and you're not getting me in a Teapot outfit so stop thinking about it!)
Here's what you get instead:
I decided to start with this pretty bird print Dorothy Perkins dress. I haven't worn it in a while as it's been Winter until April so I knew that this would be great to recreate the bird print, even if the colours are a bit different.
From this point, I noticed that the leaves on the dress are a shade of pale blue which links to another section of the teapot, so I added these pale blue shell earrings I've had for about 15 years and a blue shell bracelet.
To add a subtle nod to the black and bronze section of the teapot, I added this black and bronze headband from Primark (also had it a long time).
Finally, the touches of gold were recreated in the same way as my previous outfit by the necklace and bracelet but this time, as it was SUCH a hot day, I decided to wear my gold sandals from Primark. I bought these back in 2010 for our music camp production of The Boys from Syracuse in which I had a lead part as a noble Grecian lady - you can see the outfit HERE
What do you think?
Go and visit Daenel's blog today, on Wednesday to see everyone's interpretations at www.Livingoutsidethestacks.com

That is a BEAUTIFUL dress on you, Kezzie!
ReplyDeleteI love the beautiful blue dress and it looks perfect on you with the rosy cheeks and the birds picks up the theme on the teapot. Well done.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Julia
Aww, the dress is gorgeous! I love the colour and the print. You look amazing in it.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Sheila, that dress is beautiful on you! xxx
ReplyDeleteAn outfit inspired by a teapot?! Wow, that's a first. You're a class act, my dear.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous dress, Kezzie, and I'm agreeing with both Sheila and Vix that it looks absolutely wonderful on you! xxx
ReplyDeleteAnother stunning dress. I love the colour!
ReplyDeleteThat dress is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful outfit, Kezzie! I love it!
ReplyDeleteThis dress looks gorgeous on you. The print is lovely and I like how you accessorized.Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete