A week ago or so, I decided to take a leaf from Vix's book and enjoy wearing one of my vintage maxi dresses for my day at home. It has Dandelion seeds all over it as well as Thistles.
It is one of my happiest charity shop purchases as I always wanted to find a true vintage dress in my size, reasonably. I like its empire line and confess to feeling like Elizabeth Bennett or Catherine Morland as I walk around in it.
That day, I decided to wear my hair up in 2 plaits, pinned above my head.
I thought Princess Leia, my Mum said a Fraulein from the Sound of Music!
Here, CBC took a picture of me in front of my beautiful Viburnum (thank you to everyone who confirmed what it is called to me! Annoyingly, I thought it was Viburnum but thought I was getting it muddled up with the shrub with pink flowers that you can see emerging from under the Acanthus to the left in the picture!
They are looking gloriously ebullient and I smile every morning as we look out our bedroom window at them! They seem to be lasting well too!
I hope you have a beautiful day!
xx

What a fab dress! It really suits you, and now is the time to be wearing anything that brings a smile to our face.
ReplyDeletexx
Pretty dress. Why not enjoy wearing it. I got dressed up in one of my vintage dresses for VE75 Day. It felt great to make an effort.
ReplyDeleteYou look a great in that dress and the hair style goes well with it. I love the color.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Julia
What a fabulous dress! I quite like dandelions. They look cheerful.
ReplyDeleteThat dress is utterly gorgeous, Kezzie and I'm loving the hairdo. Both suit you very well indeed. I like dandelions, and I'm not fussy at all about them being in our garden. Glad I got the Viburnum right. It's lovely, isn't it? xxx
ReplyDeleteKezzie, I just saw something about this on the BBC and thought of you: https://twofarmers.co.uk
ReplyDeleteCrisps in compostable packaging!
I like seeing the dandelions in the grass. They attract the bees which can only be a good thing. You are right, they are a source of food as in Italy the very young leaves are used in salads, but only gathered from a place where they are growing organically and away from any form of contamination. The seed heads are pretty, but more of a problem when the wind spreads them around. That's a pretty dress that you're wearing. I like the way you have your hair too.
ReplyDeleteI love this maxi dress on you, Kezzie! You look fabulous! We had a bush like that one with the round balls of blooms, in our garden when I was growing up - I knew it as the Snowball bush.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great dress! You make it look beautiful :-)
ReplyDeleteI love your viburnum. The flowers on mine are fading now. That plant with the broad leaves below the acanthus? I think it's bergenia. We used to have a lot of that at our former house. It seems to be very easy to grow where it gets shade; I guess that is its main selling point. I'm not very fond of it.
What a beautiful maxi dress. I do love its cut, very retro. It looks wonderful on you. The viburnum in the back looks nice. You have a lovely garden.
ReplyDeleteIt looks gorgeous and it suits you. I love the colour very much.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great dress! It saddens me that dandelions get such a bad press. I have lots in my garden and the neighbours sometimes make comments (they object as I usually let them go to see and blow away wherever they wish to land!). This year, as I've been home so much, I have actually been pulling them up once the flower has finished to reduce the number of seeds (might have sent a few seeds over the hedge though, haha!) as I do have a lot and I know they'll keep popping up. I believe at one time they were a flower people wanted in their gardens, it's a shame that got lost somewhere. I don't believe in weeds, haha!
ReplyDeleteKezzie, I think this might be my most favourite outfit of yours ever, I'm so glad you dressed up for lockdown, I can't be doing reading endless posts on facebook about people feeling sorry for themselves and living in pyjamas.
ReplyDeleteIf you ever get tired of that dress can I be first in the queue?
Love your hair in plaits, I'm not sure I like myself without them now!
Dandelions are the best, they're Jacob's staple diet! xxx
That dress really suits you - you look great ... Vix has been inspiring me too to wear my 'good' clothes at home rather than slobbing around - have a good week x
ReplyDeleteThat is a very nice dress, it suits you.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
I love your dress! And I love dandelions, I've given up on the war against them, they are quite pretty and the goldfinches have been eating the seeds too!
ReplyDelete