When I was a little girl, we used to love buying Pick n mix sweeties from Woolworths. It was the ultimate treat!
However, we were both of the opinion that it would be wonderful if one could buy Pick n mix crisps! It's never actually happened although Walkers made 'mix em ups' bags containing Doritos, French fries and Monster munch- the trouble is there is only one flavour but different textures!
When I was last in Northumberland in February, to my delight, I discovered that the sweetshop in Hexham had a Pick n Mix for biscuits. They had lots of different flavours of this 'cookie' style of biscuit and you could choose how many of each you wanted and then they were weighed.
I was delighted because it meant biscuits without plastic!
What a nice eco idea it was and a great idea for the sweet shop to diversify! As you can see, I also bought Fudge!
Have you seen any innovative ideas like this?
x
Yes to biscuits without plastic. How are you doing?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great idea! Were you able to pick 'n mix them yourself? We have a shop selling pick 'n mix sweets, but this is now out of bounds with Covid-19. xxx
ReplyDeleteCookies with or without plastic is bad for you Bahahhaa.
ReplyDeleteBut I have no problem with the occasional Baklava. A killer but so yummy.
I've been preoccupied with planting the vegetable garden, weeding and mowing the grass and dandelions. I could do with a cookie right now. I'm almost finished planting. It's difficult when one gets old and full of arthritis.
The pick and mix at Woolworths was legendary! Being able to choose the few of anything you like is good but not being wrapped will mean a shorter shelf life - plus possible contamination. And mixing moister things with them might soften them disappointingly... xx
ReplyDeleteMost of the bakeries here have cookies (biscuits) that you can buy individually. One of my former coworkers actually owns a shop and she sells about 12 different kinds of fudge by weight. It's a very dangerous place!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, pick and mix crisps is such a perfect idea! I love the idea of pick and mix biscuits too though!
ReplyDeleteDo you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Housing Finance Pvt Ltd Thank
ReplyDelete